Author Topic: Need for speed looter!  (Read 3750 times)

Offline KatuTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Katu has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Need for speed looter!
« on: April 03, 2010, 07:21:29 AM »
Hello!

Im in need of a looter. I havent found one, so im asking here, if someone knows script that suits my intentions.
I need it for my botting system ( more about that in a week or two ). Speed is not as important as stable running. There is lots of looters, i know but from what i have seen, none can work as i want unless i heavily modify em and if thats the case, ill write a new one.

Features i need:
Somekind of item evaluation system ( BmItemEval or something based on different props )
Skinning and cutting leathers, bones etc.
It NEEDS to be able to run on multiclients. ( This is the problem )

All of those good looters i have seen, are designed for player to use, not for scripts. That means, that looter gets messed up, if its run on 2 clients and 2 scripts commanding. Most of the cases end up in scenario, where both scripts do what one of the main script calls.
If i dont find one today ( have been looking for it few days allready ), ill start my own. Something simple, but powerfull.

Ill be more than happy to hear your thoughts on this one.
Ill go to sauna now, to clear my head.

-Katu

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
Re: Need for speed looter!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 07:34:38 AM »
I suggest you take a look at Tm's Claw... it will loot for YOUR specific Needs...

the Claw is also callable so you can use it for your own integration

• Activity:
    0%
  • Katu has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 08:37:37 AM »
Well actually i did look at it. I did not notice the call section? I know it can be commanded from external script, but that happens with global namespace and from what i understood, it does not command any single instance of script, but all running Claws.
Ill take a new peek at it now.

• Activity:
    0%
  • Katu has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 09:00:25 AM »
I still did not find anything that makes it callable? What am i missing?
However, i missed something, when i last time used this.. I tested it with only one EUO running. If i open new EUO, then the global namespace wont mess up stuff. Its still bit too heavy for my intentions, but feature is huge.

Have to take a good look at it. Should take long to get my bot running with it.

• Activity:
    0%
  • Katu has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 07:33:37 AM »
Just wanted to post my conclusions here.
I choosed Claw. Found out that its not that hard to integrate to script. How ever, due to nature of global namespaces and such, if running multiple, should use in different folders and separate EUOX instances. Once i get time to clean up the code a bit, ill post my wrapper subs here. Im sure those will be usefull to someone.

-Katu

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 06:24:50 PM »
have you thought about running multi Vm's?

• Activity:
    0%
  • Katu has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 11:50:06 PM »
Nope, not until now.
I got new computer yesterday. Old one served me for over 3 years, it was Celereron 3Ghrz, single-core, so nothing like this wouldnt be even possible.

Now that i have i7 930, with 4gt ddr3 im quite sure something like this could be done.
But main point is, that it MUST be run in separate EUOX instances.

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 12:51:25 AM »
the best part about Vm's is you can run pixel related scripts without needing to keep all the windows visible. 

Scrripty

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 07:45:42 AM »
the best part about Vm's is you can run pixel related scripts without needing to keep all the windows visible. 

Just a little FYI.  Not sure who said this, but, OH, it was BadManiac.  Based on the new way Windows 7 draws windows and such, you CAN minimize windows in WINDOWS 7 and cover them, and still use pixel scanning. :)  I have NOT tested this, but I'm going to assume BM knows his chit.

• Activity:
    0%
  • Katu has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 10:52:40 AM »

Just a little FYI.  Not sure who said this, but, OH, it was BadManiac.  Based on the new way Windows 7 draws windows and such, you CAN minimize windows in WINDOWS 7 and cover them, and still use pixel scanning. :)  I have NOT tested this, but I'm going to assume BM knows his chit.
Oh really? Might have to do some testing with this.

Tags: