Author Topic: Reforging  (Read 4755 times)

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Reforging
« on: November 16, 2012, 12:57:03 PM »
Okay, so what is reforging?  anyone willing to give me a good write up of what it is and how it is done?  searched uoguide with no luck.  I barely got to understand Imbuing...  remember.. i just came back to the game so i am a nub to crafting now.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Reforging
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 02:59:32 PM »
I haven't dabbled into yet so I need to learn the ins and outs myself.

I was going to hop on TC and run some tests but never get around to it.

UOGuide does have some good information however: http://www.uoguide.com/Runic_Re-Forging

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 03:12:44 PM »
Reforging is the answer to complaints about the randomness of Runic Crafting.  The UOGuide article is actually pretty good.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 03:28:53 PM »
tidus, get with me and I can go show you some stuff on the "homeshard".  Some of the pieces and weapons ive reforged.  Its still pretty random as to what properties you get. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 08:52:56 PM »
I found a great discussion on runic reforging.   The general idea is this:  Runic reforging, which will use up your runic charges, will allow you to sort of choose the properties you get on an item.  Here's the deal, there is always the chance of the BS 'brittle' and 'cursed' and what not problems.  What is useful however, is that reforging will give you properties with intensities not normally achievable with imbuing (i.e. Hit Mana Leech 81%, Luck of 175, etc...). 

There are a lot of options- The more you pick, the more charges are used up.  I've never reforged with a copper or a bronze, but I might try some things out to test it.  The trade up is also this, in the simplest manner, so to speak, is that the more items you also choose, the more 'diluted' the results.  For instance, if I pick the best options with a DC hammer, my intensities will be low and I'll probably end up with a negative like -100 luck or brittle.  The cool thing is that if for instance, I choose only one of the options or a couple, I can get a pretty fantastic template for imbuing.  An example would be trying to make a sword with super high HML, I can use a couple of the options and get a clean 80+ HML sword.  That gives me 4 more properties I can imbue.  The best write up to explain it, I found here:
http://stratics.com/community/threads/reforging-how-to.264020/

R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 03:48:31 AM »
An example would be trying to make a sword with super high HML, I can use a couple of the options and get a clean 80+ HML sword.

So what do you chose to get a chance at one like that?

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 06:57:37 AM »
Boy for the life of me, I can not find the right link anymore.  I thought that one was it.  I just searched my history for the last two months.  I can't remember the details, but I used a DC or a Copper runic hammer, Here is what I can remember:

Dull Copper/Copper Runic (any higher will likely give you two mods, then you'd want to change around the settings and my experience hasn't taken me there)
Powerful Reforging -- Beefs it up
Grand Artifice        --Guarantees a name
Inspired Artifice     --Lets you pick
Then choose vampire for instance and you'll end up with a HxL.   Keep doing it, and you'll eventually get a single HML leech.  The thing is, you need to watch the DI.  If the DI goes up, then you've actually split your reforge and now you can only imbue 3 items.  You also will burn through charges because you'll end up with HLL, HSL mixtures as well.  The goal is to beef one up above the cap, then imbue other properties.  The armor is more difficult, and I believe that thread I linked you talked about how to make armor.

Out of my experience
I think if you use a bronze/gold you can
Powerful
Grand
Inspired
Exalted
Sublime(opt)

And you can get two stats with super boost.  Again, it will burn charges because you'll get split the power into mixed properties but it will be possible to get only two.  If you want to choose the two stats, you'll have to use sublime.  Otherwise you can roll the dice with just one.  I'm not sure if you get a decrease in power for choosing or if the tradeoff is solely another charged burned.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »
thanks

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 01:26:58 PM »
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=10307.0

I also posted in that thread which explains the above.. maybe a bit more clearly.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Tags: