Author Topic: Fishing - Luck or Skill ??  (Read 3677 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Fishing - Luck or Skill ??
« on: November 20, 2015, 04:36:27 AM »
I decided to finish up a fisherman to 120 and figured that since I was at it I may as well get a couple of other fishers working too. The fisherman I was working had 115 fishing, the other two just 100. The one I was working also had 1800+ luck in his suit, the other two had none... this is the result(see pic).

So my question - is it skill or is it luck that gets better results ??

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
fish-luck.jpg

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Fishing - Luck or Skill ??
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 07:46:38 AM »
It's all skill.  Luck has no input on the acquiring of MIBs (this has been verified by the Devs).  Also for RunUO it's pretty clear this is how it works.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing - Luck or Skill ??
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 12:05:20 PM »
Thanks, I could have tested it by swapping suits and such but figured someone already had. I did a quick Google search and found all kinds of discussion about luck affecting the chest loot but a lot of disagreement as well.

Any idea if luck plays ANY role at ANY point in the process? ie: when fishing up the chest, or when completing the tmap? Loot inside the chest improved? More pre-chest loot(I call it points loot)?

Tags: