Author Topic: I read about this years ago. Now it's here. :)  (Read 2989 times)

Scrripty

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: I read about this years ago. Now it's here. :)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 08:01:07 AM »
Unfortunately as it seems, the implementation of Virtual WiFi in Windows 7 is not as liberal as the research prototype. In Windows 7, you are limited to exactly one virtual adapter. However by looking at the impact of multiple virtual adapters on latency and performance from their original research report, this is probably for good reasons.

I'm confused about this. About 70% of the article was based around multiple adapters, but then they say Windows 7 only allows 1 because of lag and performance issues.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 10:40:13 AM »
The info was a little vague in many areas.  I am thinking that they where reporting on something that they did not fully understand!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 12:36:21 PM »
The info was a little vague in many areas.  I am thinking that they where reporting on something that they did not fully understand!

as it goes with most reporters
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 02:10:22 PM »
What I got from it was they put it in but not fully implemented.  I think that the technology is young and they want to guage its impact before going full tilt with it.  This could potentially bring the dream/nightmare of global internet to the masses...  but it could also be harmfull in that anyone not paying for internet could potentially get internet as long as there's enough wireless adapters within range of someones paid internet to yours.  I think what this will actually eventually be used for is people with big houses that have 3 laptops and can't get internet to a portion of the house... they just turn this on and one laptop will relay to another. :)

Tags: