Author Topic: Guild Wars II  (Read 8211 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Guild Wars II
« on: March 14, 2012, 11:06:11 AM »
Has anyone been looking at Guild Wars II? Man, it's looking pretty damn sweet. Been reading and watching quite a bit of press and have checked out a couple of trailers and teasers. I'm thinking about pre-ordering on April 10.

Anyone?

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Avrsion

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Avrsion has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars II
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 01:40:19 PM »
Have been discussing it with friends and decided to preorder it the other day.  It looks interesting from what I've seen so far and the F2P is nice as well.

Offline jonathann3891

• Activity:
    0%
  • jonathann3891 has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 06:02:17 AM »
I too have been looking at it.

I just read this article:

Guild Wars 2; The Ultima Online of 2012
http://alttabme.com/news/guild-wars-2-the-ultima-online-of-2012/

Thoughts?

Offline retnuh

• Activity:
    0%
  • retnuh has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 09:09:51 AM »
Just wondering if any of you guys are playing this game. Couldn't really stomach playing uo after last faction nerf so I moved onto this and have to say it's AWESOME. But I must say the game itself is awesome however the players that are in the game are nothing compared to UO players. So basically what I'm trying to say is that please please please come play with me. I need organization, teamwork, and tactics. Not children screaming in vent about how they didn't get a rez. So please if any of you are playing this I will move servers to come play with any of you... seriously they're that bad.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 09:48:58 AM »
I dunno.  I already got bored with it.  The questing system is horrible IMHO.  It's just hard to stay focused on it.  I enjoy Rift 100x more.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline retnuh

• Activity:
    0%
  • retnuh has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 10:37:39 AM »
I'd have to agree on the questing in RIFT is million times better but the server v server v server pvp is awesome. The only problem is that all the people that seem to WvW pvp in that game are slower then most... to put it gently. I just wish I could steal all uo players for like 2 weeks and show all the people on the WvW pvp what communication and teamwork can get ya.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 02:22:25 PM »
Ya, a couple of my friends are really enjoying the WvW aspect of the game.  Since I've been a PvE kind of person, that aspect doesn't really appeal to me very much.  But it certainly does have appeal for those PvPers out there.

GW2 is an odd beast.  The overland graphics are totally gorgeous, but the character graphics are kinda boring.  I'm not sure what's up with that.  Perhaps I've just gotten spoiled with Rift character details.  I dunno.

I'll probably keep playing it from time to time but I just didn't capture my attention for very long.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 02:23:19 PM »
No.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline batotero

• Activity:
    0%
  • batotero has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 07:14:59 PM »
Some friends of mine were playing only told that it is a very fast game that sickens

Offline danieljack

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • danieljack has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 01:06:52 PM »
this game suck !!!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 04:23:03 PM »
I didn't play this one for very long at all.  I just couldn't find much in the game to really interest me.  I still love the overland graphics.  Just the game really was underwhelming.  I'd love to hear from anyone with a more positive review.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 04:28:44 PM »
I dunno.  I already got bored with it.  The questing system is horrible IMHO.  It's just hard to stay focused on it.  I enjoy Rift 100x more.

Why is it hard?
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 07:41:58 PM »

Why is it hard?

Hmm, not any harder than any other.  Each MMO has its different types of difficulties.  EQ was the hardest one for me.  The death consequence was pretty heavy handed. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: