Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 485105 times)

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #720 on: July 15, 2014, 05:15:41 AM »
Sometimes the script gets stuck for me in FindBanker_loop1 (probably my internet connection lagging during recall). Not sure how that's possible within this sub.
When the script got stuck, i copied over the loop to a new tab in EasyUO, ran it and it worked fine.

Code: [Select]
sub FindBanker
  set #RESULT #FALSE
  ignoreitem #CHARID people
FindBanker_loop1:
  finditem HS_IS G_10
  if #FINDKIND <> -1
  {
    event property #FINDID
    set %prop1 the , #SPC , minter
    set %prop2 the , #SPC , banker
    if %prop1 in #PROPERTY || %prop2 in #PROPERTY
    {
      set #RESULT #TRUE
      goto FindBanker_skip1
    }
    ignoreitem #FINDID people
  }
  goto FindBanker_loop1
FindBanker_skip1:
  ignoreitem reset people
  msg bank$
  wait 20
return #RESULT

Just thought i'd mention this too, although it's nitpicking :D My character has 125 strength so he has 112 hit points (125/2 + 50 = 112.5). Whenever i eat a Truly Rare Fish, i gain 8-12 % strength for 150 seconds. So if it gets the 12%, then i get 120 hit points, causing the following sub to trigger a heal.

Code: [Select]
   if #HITS < ( #MAXHITS - 8 ) || !forceheal = #TRUE
    {
      if !healtype in _1_5_8_9_ ; magery
      {
        gosub TM_NewCastSpell 3 SELF -1 10 10 ; cast heal
        set !forceheal #FALSE
      }
    }
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline anewbe4u

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • anewbe4u has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 07, 2014, 11:55:31 PM »
Hey all.

I'm trying to run this and when my char recalls to the boat from the bank, I get the message cannot find tillerman. I have checked the ID and it appears to be the same as in the scrip. Any ideas?

Thanks

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 08, 2014, 05:29:07 AM »
Make sure the boat is facing North before you start

Offline mellifluant

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • mellifluant has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 08, 2014, 06:54:01 AM »
I had this same problem last night.. Until I realized what Gimlet mentioned XD

Script has been working flawlessly since. Thank you TM!

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #724 on: October 08, 2014, 07:14:17 AM »
That's good to hear.  I lose track of the scripts since I don't run them as much as I used to.  It's nice to see they still wiggle.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline anewbe4u

• Activity:
    0%
  • anewbe4u has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 08, 2014, 08:32:45 AM »
Ok, thought I tried that. Anyway! Tried again and it worked fine.

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 08, 2014, 11:10:58 AM »
Great script TM. Thought I'd add an observation in one word: "Resist"

My fisherman has GM resist and fishes manually while moving forward slowly. When I get a serpent I quickly check to see if it has a MIB or TMap via my journal and if it doesn't I ignore it and keep moving/fishing. The serpent is faster than my ship and will stay stuck to the tillerman while casting on me but my regen armor + GM resist results in getting hit for 5-7 damage and its regenerated before being hit again.

During an unlucky streak I get 6-8 in a row without lootz I want, all following me, and still my regen is enough to not even remotely be in danger. Some serpents bug out after casting on you, they slow down so much that they fall behind and lose you. Some serpents bug out and never cast on me at all, they just wiggle behind the tillerman. When I see one with a MIB message I stop and target it quickly before it joins the pack and still I ignore the others(they all eventually despawn).

What I'd like to know is why they bug out, I could make them do it on purpose.

I'd like to keep doing it this way since I waste as little time on no-loot serpents as possible. Can you think of a quick way to check for loot before attacking the serp and if none - ignore it? If not its not a big deal, the script is quick already.

Cheers

p.s. GM fishing going on 120 with gm archery+tactics+healing+anat+resist+65 chiv

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #727 on: November 08, 2014, 07:26:57 PM »
Unfortunately you've gotta kill them to see what they carry.  Sort of like Obamacare where we had to pass it before we could read it to see what's in it.

Sometimes the Ultima Online random number generator (RNG) isn't very random while it's pulling up crappy loot.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 09, 2014, 08:02:08 AM »
TM, did you update this for high seas by chance?

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 09, 2014, 09:36:00 AM »
Unfortunately you've gotta kill them to see what they carry.

Well, you're gonna love this :)

On OSI the instant one spawns your journal will tell you if it has a Tmap, net or "message in a bottle" in its possession. I'm not in game to check the exact wording right now but it's something like "is carrying a message in a bottle". If the serpent does not have any of these then the journal will only tell you it's a serpent. You can watch the journal when deciding which to kill or ignore!

... of course you need to be moving slowly to ignore them otherwise there would eventually be enough of them to kill you. When moving slowly they eventually get left behind. Perhaps a journal check can become an optional feature in some future iteration of this most amazing script.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:43:07 AM by Gemviper »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #730 on: November 09, 2014, 10:30:03 AM »
That's actually a great observation.  If the serpent spawns, a quick journal entry will discover if it has a tmap, or message in the bottle.  The mechanics on ignoring them can become bothersome though because my guess is that the serpent will still try and eat you.  So there may be some methods then. 

I won't change the script through because it does work pretty well on freeshards still, and I don't want to create a separate version for OSI and another for the freeshards.  Plus I haven't really don't much scripting in the last 2 years, so there is that nagging laziness factor....
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline BabysittingDingo

• Activity:
    0%
  • BabysittingDingo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 24, 2014, 04:29:43 PM »
hey dont mean to bring up an old issue, but i run the script while im at work and i come home and the boat will be stuck on an island, is there any way i can alter the script to unstick itself?
thanks a billion

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 24, 2014, 04:56:40 PM »
I removed the forward 10 part  - no need to move!

Offline BabysittingDingo

• Activity:
    0%
  • BabysittingDingo has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 24, 2014, 07:14:58 PM »
well its still moving how do i edit it? it forwards into a shore, trys to turn and circles back to back one or right one

Offline HowlsCastle

• Activity:
    0%
  • HowlsCastle has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 12, 2015, 11:53:12 AM »
I'm not sure if this is was an error on my part during the guided setup or not, but it was getting stuck trying to equip a "magical shortbow" when trying to defend itself. After editing in VER in place of PPO in the SetupWeapon parts, it now works perfectly. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an error on my part though.

Thanks a ton for this awesome script!

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing