Author Topic: Funniest movies ever?  (Read 27172 times)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest movies ever?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 09:46:40 PM »
Team America Baby! *bleep* Yea!!! 

I can't believe I forgot about that one then TM reminded me cause he was watching Southpark  ;D

Goddamn that was a funny movie!

I wish they would make a sequel to that :)

Kim Jong II stole the show.

"Hans Brix? Oh no! Oh, herro. Great to see you again, Hans!"

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 10:05:18 PM »
You know, that's one of those movies I have wanted to see, but never got around to it.  Thanks for reminding me about it!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 08:39:47 PM »
If you want to try something different. I'll recomend Pass the Ammo, Tim Curry as a TV evangelist. Its a real hoot.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 08:02:03 PM »
Team America Baby! *bleep* Yea!!! 

I can't believe I forgot about that one then TM reminded me cause he was watching Southpark  ;D

Goddamn that was a funny movie!

I wish they would make a sequel to that :)

Kim Jong II stole the show.

"Hans Brix? Oh no! Oh, herro. Great to see you again, Hans!"

Oh man, I finally got around to watching Team America.   You have redeemed yourself in my eyes Ultima!   (even though you're a Jarr Jarr fan...) That's a hirarious movie!

Boy, they couldn't have chosen the members of the Film Actors Guild (FAG) any better.  Perfect!  They were just missing Whoopie.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 11:10:14 PM »
No no you mean shortround Temple of Doom! I hated Jar Jar from I-II. He drove me crazy....

I'm glad you got to see it especially being that your a big South Park Fan. I absolutely love that movie. The more times I watched it the more I appreciated little things here and there that I missed the first time around watching it ;D

The song at the end brought tears to my eyes because it was so funny. "You are worthless Alec Baldwin and Your career is stalling"

Man "Trey Parker" racked those guys over the coals...

Even though I don't watch much South Park (My roommate and best friend swears by it) the movie really showed me what a genius Trey Parker is. The little things like putting the "F" back in Freedom were really clever and funny. 

Gonna Tivo again next time it comes on. Got a bigger harddrive from weaknees so now I can afford to keep things longer. But it's time for me to see it again. 8)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 11:15:37 PM by Ultima »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 04:19:21 AM »
Being a pretty heavy SP fan me and about 10 buddies went to the theater and saw the movie on opening day and I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. Right from the opening scene where the deer jumps across the street and pees on the snow which then gets scooped up and eaten by Stan while singing the opening song.

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 07:53:37 AM »

Gonna Tivo again next time it comes on. Got a bigger harddrive from weaknees so now I can afford to keep things longer. But it's time for me to see it again. 8)

I have my dual-tuner TiVo hacked to 500GB, and my TiVo HD bumped to 1TB.  :)  I had all kinds of mods to my series 1 before I retired it.

Right from the opening scene where the deer jumps across the street and pees on the snow which then gets scooped up and eaten by Stan while singing the opening song.

What's truly amazing is that you can watch all their episodes without commercials on the South Park Studios website.  When they did that, they gained an extra amount of respect from me.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 07:55:57 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2008, 12:29:05 PM »
Yea we might need a Tivo Thread so I can learn all the ins and outs. I got the DirectTV Tivo upgraded to 300 Hours recently. Man it makes a world of difference having that much storage. But I'm gonna have to invest in an HD Tivo once Direct TV and Tivo come out with a new DVR in 2009. They split up for a few years and just recently got back in business together. I think Direct TV thought they could set up a similiar interface/programming as Tivo and they were dead wrong. The Direct TV DVR's without Tivo are horrible imo...slow slow slow. Interface is horrible too. Anyhow I look forward to getting TiVo in HD next year.

How's that for vearing OT? :P

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008, 01:50:54 PM »
Did someone say South Park?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2008, 11:05:14 AM »
not to hijack this thread, but if you like southpark, have you ever seen a canadian tv show called trailer park boys. huge recommendation
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2008, 11:30:49 AM »
Yea we might need a Tivo Thread so I can learn all the ins and outs. I got the DirectTV Tivo upgraded to 300 Hours recently. Man it makes a world of difference having that much storage. But I'm gonna have to invest in an HD Tivo once Direct TV and Tivo come out with a new DVR in 2009. They split up for a few years and just recently got back in business together. I think Direct TV thought they could set up a similiar interface/programming as Tivo and they were dead wrong. The Direct TV DVR's without Tivo are horrible imo...slow slow slow. Interface is horrible too. Anyhow I look forward to getting TiVo in HD next year.

How's that for vearing OT? :P
I bought a HD Tivo last spring on Woot during a Woot-off and it's still sitting in the box in my bedroom LOL. Just have not been energized enough to bother trying to get my cable company to send me the correct cable-card so that I can get it setup. I just went through 4 months of billing hassles with them and right now they are basically paying me to be their customer and I don't want to screw that up thus the Tivo sits, brand new, in a box, never been kissed. <sigh>

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2008, 11:32:29 AM »
Just be sure you get the DUAL Motorola cable card.  That was effortless to install.  I read all the horror stories, but thankfully I didn't have to deal with it.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2008, 07:16:38 PM »
I just havent seen Monty Pythons "Life of Brian" on this list... that is one of my all time favorites... (super religious folks be warned you may be insulted or maybe youll die laughing)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2008, 10:31:23 PM »
I just havent seen Monty Pythons "Life of Brian" on this list... that is one of my all time favorites... (super religious folks be warned you may be insulted or maybe youll die laughing)

Oh man, me too, that's one of my favs.  Nothing like the Alien abduction scene, or Incontentia Buttocks and Biggus Dickus

or this

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:43:27 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2008, 10:46:47 PM »
Gotta love British Comedy! ;D

Tags: