Author Topic: Non-tamer massive single target damage?  (Read 4840 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Non-tamer massive single target damage?
« on: October 06, 2016, 08:21:05 AM »
Hello,

I'm about to get into events again and, last I remember, you need to put out a crazy amount of damage quickly to have a chance at the EM drop most of the time? I also remember most people bring in a tamer variant of some sort along with one(or more) support characters to keep the pet alive so they can sit back and crank out more damage(spells etc).

I'd like to go in solo on a range character without a support character or pets(unless summoned). If possible I'd like to do it on a 6x120 toon with 100% real skills, no skill from items.

- Poisons are out, most EM bosses are immune
- Barding is out, not much use at an event since others will AOE any provoked creatures

Besides that which archer or mage (or mixed) template can pump out the most single target DPS quickly given the above criteria? My first thought would be archer for the synergy of things like healing since I have anat already and a velocity bow since I won't be the tank along with chiv to make sure I'm using the right slayer... did I just answer my own question or is there a way to do even more damage?

I'm not a fan of the typical ABC archer template for events because without being able to honor the boss before it gets damaged bushido becomes useless and people are fast to get on the boss. I'm also thinking that one of the magery lines(necro?) can pack more punch?

I'll be making multiple of this character and transferring them to other shards so would prefer getting the best template I can for events right off the bat. thx.

p.s. if this event list is accurate I have a few weeks to get this done - http://uo.com/events/
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 08:37:23 AM by Gemviper »

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Non-tamer massive single target damage?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 07:08:59 PM »
I haven't been playing much since May but throwers were the flavor of the month for events followed by tamers and archers. I guess you could go 120 Tame, Lore, Vet, Archery, Tactics, Chiv or you can make a garg and do the same only do throwing and you could fly which would be the same as riding. 120 Archery with 120 Enemy of One and 120 tactics along with mastery and taming skills and GD should pack a nice punch.

Tags: