Author Topic: First peek at my post-operation  (Read 12047 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: First peek at my post-operation
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 09:46:01 PM »
Pic of my cast before it gets cut off on Friday.  Also a pic of my poor cancer-cat.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
IMAG0532-1.jpg
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 12:04:06 PM »
Kinda bad news on the arm front.  The bone isn't growing back like it should, so I may require another surgery to install a bone graft. 

So the cast is off, but I have to be VERY careful not to lift anything.  At this point, with the pain from the removal of the pin (sucked!!!!), I can't touch anything let alone lift anything...

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
IMAG0539.jpg
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 12:36:13 PM »
Sorry to hear the bad progress!  Wishing you luck on this endeavor!
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 01:41:52 PM »
Don't lift any cats!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 02:39:52 PM »
Unfortunately I have to so I can administer chemotherapy to my poor orange cat as well as hand feed him 2x a day.  Life sucks atm.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 02:46:48 PM »
Oh Crap TM, Looks like you can't catch a break!  Ooops, maybe you can?!?! So Sorry man, what a lot to put up with!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ximan has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 04:15:43 PM »
Bleh, that sucks, though not unusual TM.  My bro's 'comminuted' fracture was missing bone on two ends of a sliver around 3/4 inch long in the middle; the first x-ray after taking off the plaster was terribly disappointing and he continued to wear a splint.  A couple of months later a big difference was visible on the x-rays.  Two years later, and you can't even tell where the breaks were.  I'm no medical expert though it seems the healing progresses slowly at first and eventually accelerates, with the initial phase not visible on x-rays due to lack of calcification.  Everyone heals at different rates but it all takes time.  Anyway, hope you are able to avoid having more surgery!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 07:52:40 PM »
I am feeling for ya man.  That is awful news.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 01:12:36 PM »
Bleh, that sucks, though not unusual TM.  My bro's 'comminuted' fracture was missing bone on two ends of a sliver around 3/4 inch long in the middle; the first x-ray after taking off the plaster was terribly disappointing and he continued to wear a splint.  A couple of months later a big difference was visible on the x-rays.  Two years later, and you can't even tell where the breaks were.  I'm no medical expert though it seems the healing progresses slowly at first and eventually accelerates, with the initial phase not visible on x-rays due to lack of calcification.  Everyone heals at different rates but it all takes time.  Anyway, hope you are able to avoid having more surgery!

that's pretty much how the Dr. hopes this will turn out.  8 weeks and then check,  problem is I'm not braced because of the ulna dislocation as the PT to try any get back any use of the wrist, so I'm instructed to "be careful and not lift ANYTHING.."  I'm never careful, so this will be interesting.

Thanks for the insight, ximan.  Useful as usual.

Anyhow, so far this sucks badly.  I'll be happy to get 50% mobility back.  Right now, my left hand is about as useful as a tyrannosaur grabber.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 03:36:07 PM »
any talk of bone stimulators?  My buddy had to do that when his elbow was not healing.  That got him back on track.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2013, 03:54:18 PM »
Prayers with you TM. The Arm will get better just have to adapt to a different lifestyle currently.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2013, 06:30:27 PM »
Prayers with you TM. The Arm will get better just have to adapt to a different lifestyle currently.

I'm not the praying type being an agnostic, but I do accept any and all prayers from all denominations!  heh
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2013, 08:39:54 PM »
Things are going better with the arm.  I've been having issues where my wrist won't go to "palm down".  So things like typing and general usage become impossible without discomfort and pain.  However, recently (today) I was actually able to break through the block and go almost full pronation/supination.  It hurts like hell, but at least it's moving.

Now, hopefully the bone is growing back in the Radius.  I'll know on the 8th of January.  I'm crossing my fingers that no more operations will be needed.

Also, the cat is doing better.  Hopefully after more than $10K worth of vet work, things will get better.

At least 2013 is finally ending on a good note.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2013, 11:13:06 AM »
Glad you arm getting better TM  as for for cat, it will be cheaper to put him down and train a new one.  Yes I'm a cold baster, that what my wife tell me every time I try to put my cat down. 

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2013, 11:45:53 AM »
I feel you on the pet part. Last cat we had we probably put 2k into when things started going wrong with him. He wouldn't eat, was throwing everything up and was pretty much starving because of it. Had to put him down after four vets couldn't figure out what was wrong.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Tags: