Author Topic: First peek at my post-operation  (Read 12001 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: First peek at my post-operation
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2013, 12:32:39 PM »
Glad you arm getting better TM  as for for cat, it will be cheaper to put him down and train a new one.  Yes I'm a cold baster, that what my wife tell me every time I try to put my cat down.  

I hear ya.  You can imagine the conversation in my head when it comes to those decisions.  Really, since it's only money at this point, I'm OK with it.  He's my little friend and I don't mind.  When things start getting impossible and pointless, I'm sure I'll have to change my tune.  My last cat reached that point, so the decision was pretty clear.  He's just not there yet.

I feel you on the pet part. Last cat we had we probably put 2k into when things started going wrong with him. He wouldn't eat, was throwing everything up and was pretty much starving because of it. Had to put him down after four vets couldn't figure out what was wrong.

I'm pretty peeved at my vet.  Really only should have "only" been around $6.5K, but after they messed around last week, they didn't diagnose correctly even after the 1st ultrasound.  So they sent him home stable, but within hours started going through his death spiral again.  I don't mind spending money for a good cause, but I just HATE wasting money.  And that was $3.2K wasted over a few days.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 02:09:26 PM »
They finally added my day-one xrays to my file.  The attending doctor today remarked that I had really "done a number" to myself.  I tend to do that.

From this you can see that my forearm was about 3-4 inches shorter.  Finally normal length arms!

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
arm1_mod.jpg
arm2_mod.jpg
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:11:53 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 02:27:48 PM »
They finally added my day-one xrays to my file.  The attending doctor today remarked that I had really "done a number" to myself.  I tend to do that.

From this you can see that my forearm was about 3-4 inches shorter.  Finally normal length arms!

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 02:34:08 PM »
lol @ dxrom.

The xrays they still don't have are from that night when the emergency room sent me to see if they could "set" my radius.  4 injections of pain medication, the "chinese finger trap" arm stretcher, and 2 people to hold me down while they tried to link the bones together, my bone ends had fragmented into many smaller shards.  There's still a piece in there that they missed.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 03:15:10 PM »
lol @ dxrom.

The xrays they still don't have are from that night when the emergency room sent me to see if they could "set" my radius.  4 injections of pain medication, the "chinese finger trap" arm stretcher, and 2 people to hold me down while they tried to link the bones together, my bone ends had fragmented into many smaller shards.  There's still a piece in there that they missed.

Less beer more milk!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2013, 04:48:14 PM »
lol @ dxrom.

Less beer more milk!

blasphemy!
BURN THE HERETIC!

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Tags: