Author Topic: Another returning player  (Read 1207 times)

Offline SkeezixTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Skeezix has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Another returning player
« on: May 20, 2020, 04:21:56 PM »
Good evening all, Skeezix here! I'm an old time OSI player making a thunderous return as a still-OSI player. Started way back in the late 90's on Napa Valley and played up until 2008, when the downturn in the economy led my wife and I to dry dock all of our accounts as a means of saving money. About a month ago, while I was playing Minecraft, she stopped in front me me with her hands on her hips and announced loudly "I miss UO! How do we get back into that?" Well, here we are...

When we left back in '08 I turned all of our accounts over to the friend who got me into the game. He went through all accounts, houses, and characters, gathered up all the stuff that could be sold for cash, placed all the rares and collectibles in neatly organized packs across all the different character bank boxes, and demolished the houses. What was left was a nicely organized set of accounts just waiting for us to log back into. Fortunately my wife had kept all of our account details saved, making the process of getting back into the game as painless as possible. Several DLC packs and other items later and we're back in business! We even have our good ole UOAssist from way back! I couldn't believe that we were able to generate the keys to get that to work. Also back are UOAutomap and UORudder... all the friends are once again assembled!

My characters are: Mage/Bard, Chiv Archer, Fisher/THunter, Thief, Crafter 1, Crafter 2. Thinking about a 7th char slot purchase here soon to accommodate a tamer, the one main char class I've never experimented with.

Every day I play I'm remember people and places and things from those fun times back in the pre-08 days. One of the fondest was of me being goofy at the Vesper bank. I used to farm liches with my archer in Cove L3, and back then their loot was on their corpses in a backpack. I used to gather up all the backpacks I could hold and take them back to Vesper, where I'd randomly drop in front of the bank for people to pick up, all the while yelling "I rob from the Lich and give to the poor!!!"

Such good times... I'm so glad to be back!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Another returning player
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 09:54:27 PM »
A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

I also started on Napa before I moved to Siege. I was in a guild called OoJ. Good fun! (then EoJ)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 09:57:27 PM by gimlet »

Offline SkeezixTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Skeezix has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 10:45:13 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 11:48:05 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: