Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.19  (Read 356557 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Heartwood Quester feedback thread
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2008, 12:09:47 PM »
I dusted off version 1.20 of the Heartwood quester with CLAw support.  I'll get it ready to post this weekend.

Woohoo! This is great news! ;D

Looking forward to testing the Quester with CLAw. Then I can really look forward to the jewelry bow drops.

It would have come in hella handy during the spring clean up period. I often wonder how many 250pt talismans I threw in the trash. :'(

Well, it was pretty easy to modify the old quester for the talismans.  Just a bit easier with the CLAw.  Yeh, after all the times I've run through the quests, I can't imagine how many talismans and recipes I've thrown away. 

But I think I got nearly 500K points from the heartwoods trash I would have normally left.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2008, 11:24:50 AM »
Ahh Finally the day has arrived and I'm first in line (practically breaking down the door). Been looking forward all weekend for this. ;D

The CLAw is not initialzing for me. Not quite sure why...

Your absolutely sure the clawsamplefile.txt is the right file? It looks a little funny when I open it in EUO not like your average script file.

I'll backtrack and see if I can't figure out where I may have gone wrong.

Just to make sure I do understand the directions:

Open the ClaWsample.txt and Quester121 into EUO. Start CLAw and wait for it to initialize then load in the filename. Then start Quester...

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2008, 11:29:11 AM »
sampleclawsetup.txt is definitely the one you need to use for starters.  Be sure to put it in the same directory as your other scripts.  i.e. no c:\.  (check your spelling, you have it backwards..)

Look at the directions again:

1) Open and run the CLAw
2) Load the sampleclawsetup.txt with the CLAw ("Load Setup" button)
3) Open and run the quester.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:21:44 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2008, 12:45:04 PM »
Got it working after following the directions properly ;)

How difficult is it do change the quester to do smithing quests or tailor quests?

I need Overseer Sundered Recipe and some runic kits to craft some armor for my DreadHorn suit. 

I need to create a new rail  and then enter some magic numbers?

If I could start to do some of the other quests in Heartwood I would be a very jolly fellow.

So far using the quester has been a real treat.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 12:47:24 PM by ultima »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2008, 01:39:08 PM »
Got it working after following the directions properly ;)

How difficult is it do change the quester to do smithing quests or tailor quests?

I need Overseer Sundered Recipe and some runic kits to craft some armor for my DreadHorn suit.

I need to create a new rail  and then enter some magic numbers?

If I could start to do some of the other quests in Heartwood I would be a very jolly fellow.

So far using the quester has been a real treat.

I'm going to do a little writeup explaining that for everyone.  Just need a little time.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline madatu

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • madatu has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2008, 06:46:01 PM »
well i must be goofy but i dont see a link to be able to download this. i might be blind tho. advise me plz

Offline nekosama

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nekosama has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2008, 03:09:24 AM »
Having a small problem with the sub to recall from home to heartwood.

UO crashes everytime on recall.

I'm on a OSI Production shard.  The script will recall in the first time with no problem, do the quests til empty then recall home with no problem as well.  The UO crash comes after it restocks and sets the new default rune then recalls.  It shows me still at home, however, when I log back in, it shows me south of the portal.  Could there be a timing issue between the casting of recall and the setting of the default rune?

Where would I put a slightly longer pause?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2008, 07:18:30 PM »
Having a small problem with the sub to recall from home to heartwood.

UO crashes everytime on recall.

I'm on a OSI Production shard.  The script will recall in the first time with no problem, do the quests til empty then recall home with no problem as well.  The UO crash comes after it restocks and sets the new default rune then recalls.  It shows me still at home, however, when I log back in, it shows me south of the portal.  Could there be a timing issue between the casting of recall and the setting of the default rune?

Where would I put a slightly longer pause?

You'll just have to play with it.  Those kinds of crashes come and go.  Just be sure you are patched up totally and are using the latest version of EUO.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2008, 04:07:28 PM »
ya.. I've had crashes without even euo open.
its a client server side problem most of the time.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2008, 06:07:27 PM »
Oh nekosama, to answer your questions, there are 4 routines that will rail you.  You may have to play with the delays in:
tobowcrafter
frombowcrafter
totrinketweaver
fromtrinketweaver

There's already a 2 second delay in there between recalling and railing.  How's your ping to the servers?  It sounds like you have a pretty slow connection...
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline nekosama

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nekosama has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2008, 04:02:51 AM »
Ok, I live in Texas but I play on Napa, so there's a bit of latency there.

After watching it for a while longer, I think... I have found my problem.

My main crafter is doing Heartwood while I have another mule doing lumberjacking (hey, gotta support the habbit somehow!). The LJ client is recalling in and out like crazy (seperate computer). EVERYTIME the crash has happened, the LJ is at the house, about 2 tiles away from the Heartwood client's recall spot.

Now I know that sounds pretty coincidental.  So I tested it by moving my LJ to the bank (thank god for commodity boxes, thanks EA.) and since that point I have had 0 crashes over 100+ runs.

I'll chalk it up to memory leak, bad timing... heck, even bad mojo.  But the problem resolved itself.

Thanks for the replies!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2008, 07:22:10 AM »
Man, that's the strangest interaction I've ever heard of?  You get the prize!!

It would be interesting to figure out exactly what that problem is.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Dessin

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Dessin has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2008, 02:17:00 PM »
sampleclawsetup.txt is definitely the one you need to use for starters.  Be sure to put it in the same directory as your other scripts.  i.e. no c:\.  (check your spelling, you have it backwards..)

Look at the directions again:

1) Open and run the CLAw
2) Load the sampleclawsetup.txt with the CLAw ("Load Setup" button)
3) Open and run the quester.

I must be an idiot. I have tried to run this thing about 100 times and it keeps telling me that CLAw is not running. And whether I press yes or no on the error window it tells me to press start again when CLAw starts. The sampleclawsetup has been deleted and downloaded just to be sure I didn't hose it up somehow. I downloaded the TrailMyx's Advanced CLAw script and it opens up fine for me. But anytime I try to run the quester I get the same error message.

If I comment out that part of it I then get the error message that it can't find the tool_railengine30k.txt script. If I comment that out it then tells me it can't find N/A. Obviously I am doing something wrong but I just can't figure out what. I have gone over the instructions several times and it seems as if I am following them correctly, so I don't know what my problem is.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2008, 03:59:09 PM »
Are you making sure you are running the CLAw in another tab of the same EasyUO instance?  You can't run the CLAw in it's own EasyUO, it can't communicate with the quester then.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Dessin

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Dessin has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2008, 04:13:15 PM »
Are you making sure you are running the CLAw in another tab of the same EasyUO instance?  You can't run the CLAw in it's own EasyUO, it can't communicate with the quester then.

Yes, another tab. But, I am using the claw lite. I assume that would make a difference? If so, where would one get the full claw? Not sure if thats the issue though since I also get the cant find the rail tool error too if I skip over the claw part.