Author Topic: My heartwood quester needs some help  (Read 7504 times)

Offline GrandewdTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Grandewd has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
My heartwood quester needs some help
« on: August 02, 2014, 12:24:15 AM »
 :D
I'm making a script to do Fletcher Quests in Heartwood, and have most of it finished and tested - except the hardest part, of course - which is having Kal's or TM's ocr subs cycle thru and pick only the two quests (out of the five offered) that I want to do.  

Obviously I considered using TM's incredible Heartwood script, but I didn't want to ask him to modify his script to include the two quests that I wanted.  So, right now it does most everything I want  - except knowing how to use OCR to pick the quests from the quest gumps....  

Help?
 :-[

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: My heartwood quester needs some help
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 02:33:37 AM »
I'm making a script to do Fletcher Quests in Heartwood, and have most of it finished and tested - except the hardest part, of course - which is having Kal's or TM's ocr subs cycle thru and pick only the two quests (out of the five offered) that I want to do.  

Obviously I considered using TM's incredible Heartwood script, but I didn't want to ask him to modify his script to include the two quests that I wanted.  So, right now it does most everything I want  - except knowing how to use OCR to pick the quests from the quest gumps....  

Help?

I always used a small snippet of ORC myself, lookup for 1 Single Pixel wich is unique within quest and not on others and you are done :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 08:55:40 PM »

Help?

What quests are you looking for?  I'll see if I have the magic numbers somewhere.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 12:32:45 AM »

Help?

I always used a small snippet of ORC myself, lookup for 1 Single Pixel wich is unique within quest and not on others and you are done :)

Ok, I'll see how difficult that is finding that unique spot on the 5 Heartwood Quest gumps.  I had a quick look and can tell it will take time to find a spot that's unique to just one, since they only use 2 "colors".  But it's a fun challenge....

... What quests are you looking for?  I'll see if I have the magic numbers somewhere.

Ahh, dewd... That would be great!  I've come to the conclusion that the higher the quest challange, the better the chance of and level of runics received.  I only do the Heavy Crossbows and Repeating Crossbows

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 01:23:55 AM »
I would just look for letters like "l,W,O,P,R" and so on in text and check if there is a similar pixel on others. Tooked me 2-3Minutes back then.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 03:56:44 PM »
Yea..... back in the day when Heartwood was brand new and the "Bottle" Quest was dropping insane loot for only a few bottles I wrote a quick down and dirty script for guildmates / myself and simply figured out where the one unique pixel was for my specific Quest and just checked that 1 spot.   If I remember I took some screenshots and ended up magnifying it all in ms paint lol....  I kinda knew what I was trying to do but it took awhile to get there and eventually worked.  That Bottle quest was only good for a short while before they nerfed it but it was well worth it!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 10:22:33 PM »
I'm gonna play with the Magnifier Kal wrote and use CmpPix I guess....

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 08:19:18 AM »
Ahh, dewd... That would be great!  I've come to the conclusion that the higher the quest challange, the better the chance of and level of runics received.  I only do the Heavy Crossbows and Repeating Crossbows

Do you know the names of the quests?  Are they Ingenious Archery Parts II and III?

Here are the magic numbers for those:

set %QUEST92 12210240
set %QUESTNAME92 Ingenious_Archery_Part_III

set %QUEST94 11388140
set %QUESTNAME94 Ingenious_Archery_Part_II
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:21:23 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 10:28:54 AM »
Ahh, dewd... That would be great!  I've come to the conclusion that the higher the quest challange, the better the chance of and level of runics received.  I only do the Heavy Crossbows and Repeating Crossbows

Do you know the names of the quests?  Are they Ingenious Archery Parts II and III?

Here are the magic numbers for those:

set %QUEST92 12210240
set %QUESTNAME92 Ingenious_Archery_Part_III

set %QUEST94 11388140
set %QUESTNAME94 Ingenious_Archery_Part_II

Aye, TM, that's them exactly !
And I assume that I can plug those into your famous Heartwood Quester... And, at the same time I'm doing that, I can revisit your code for the HQ and marvel at your amazing skills....
Thx much for taking the time to respond.  Greatly appreciated.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 05:08:11 PM »
Aye, TM, that's them exactly !
And I assume that I can plug those into your famous Heartwood Quester... And, at the same time I'm doing that, I can revisit your code for the HQ and marvel at your amazing skills....
Thx much for taking the time to respond.  Greatly appreciated.

You'll have to isolate the section of the code that sets up the click locations of the craft gump, and change the #FINDID of the expected resulting item as well as perhaps the required resources.  But it's all in one section I believe.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 07:56:44 PM »
Aye, I believe I can figure it out ok.... Thx again for giving me those. Saved me doing the tedious cmpix locations... hehehe
I hope you don't mind if I ask you more questions regarding your HQ once I get it working for me...  ;)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 08:06:02 PM »
You'll basically want to modify the section just around line 402:

Code: [Select]
 if #MENURES = 1 && ( %quest_type <> FLETCHING || %mintinkertools = N/A )
  {
    set %quest_type FLETCHING
    set %tool UFG
    set %toolresource ENK
    set %toolresourceamt 3
    set %mintinkertools 2
    set %maxtinkertools 2
    set %mincraftingtools 2
    set %maxcraftingtools 4
    set %craftitemchain_tool cat_4-nextpage-nextpage-sel_1
    set %craftitemchain cat_4-sel_1  ; <---- mod this
    set %ressource TLK
    set %reshue 1 ; 1-wood, 2-oak, 3-ash, 4-yew, 5-hearwood, 6-bloodwood, 7-frostwood
    set %item WOH  ; <---- mod this
    set %string %QUEST_A_Simple_Bow  ; <---- mod this
    set %itemamount 10
    set %itemresourcecnt 7  ; <---- mod this
    set %resamount 120   ; was 70
    set %cat 3
    set %page 1
    set %itemnum 1
    set %vendortype bowcrafter$
    set %rail1 tobowcrafter
    set %rail2 frombowcrafter
    set %pakboards 1540
  }
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:07:49 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 08:24:05 PM »
You're too kind TM...
Can't wait to look thru the rest of it while I'm at it (and hope it doesn't overwhelm me, hehehe)...

What time zone you in?  I'm Pacific

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 09:36:38 PM »
You're too kind TM...
Can't wait to look thru the rest of it while I'm at it (and hope it doesn't overwhelm me, hehehe)...

What time zone you in?  I'm Pacific

Pacific as well.  This quester is a mishmash of really old code.  I can't remember when we started putting it together actually.  I've completely lost track of the time on all these scripting sites.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 11:55:42 PM »