Author Topic: Hola Amigo's ! 12 Year Vet joining the ranks  (Read 3165 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hola Amigo's ! 12 Year Vet joining the ranks
« on: July 17, 2009, 09:21:58 AM »
Well ..... a few things about myself.  I've been playing this addicting game for 12 years now, which for me was back when I was in college.  I live in Seattle & spend a good portion of those rainy days enoying some "UO time" which my wife has long since learned not to begrude me.  I spend most of my online time PvPing or tinkering with some script or another (probably 5 years EUO experience by now)...   Ahh.. the good ole days when the Cartography script was fresh & new & I had just enough knowledge to cobble together my own version to make a buck when the good one was still hard to get your hands on....  I'm quite knowledgeable about the "mechanics" of UO, so Templates / Formula's / or "How's this work" Questions are what I excel at...

Anyway.. Nice meeting you & I'll try to stay active, though I've got a "little one" on the way come December, so the wife's got LOTS of projects me between now and then...

PS...  It's totally Random, but my Household is "PET Central".  1 Dog, 1 Cat, Lots of Fish, 1 Ferrett...   The wife happens to be a Vet Tech so I'm good for fielding a fair portion of "My Dog ate.....  Questions" as well.

See you all around.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hola Amigo's ! 12 Year Vet joining the ranks
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 09:25:09 AM »
Welcome to the site!  Thank you for the great intro; we appreciate these!

You're in good company here; lots of people like you who like to tinker with the game.

Congrats on the impending new one!

And ferrets rocks!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 09:36:45 AM »
Welcome fellow vet..
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 09:42:17 AM »
you should get your wife to play. there is nothing better than PvPing my husband!
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 09:44:24 AM »
you should get your wife to play. there is nothing better than PvPing my husband!

Oh man, that would be horrible to get pwed by you guys and then have to listen to the marital bickering about who gets the loot.  lol.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 09:45:45 AM »
what she isnt telling you TM is that the ONLY time she can manage to PvP me is when I am on with a crafter, and she is on with a G. Dragon.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 09:55:12 AM »
I wish I could get my wife to play, I think I could be she is worried that it would be too much distraction for her to get into a video game and not be able to concentrate on her final year of her Masters Program.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 10:07:04 AM »
she has a good point Xclio. I tend to play when I need a break from school, but it can become very addicting and hard to focus sometimes. Maybe in a year or two when she is done...... ;)
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 10:09:56 AM »
I couldn't get my girlfriend to play even if I paid her.  Oh well.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 10:19:05 AM »
Thanks for the Warm Welcome.  As far as getting the wife to play....  Well I think that might be a BAD idea.  The first time she opened a chest & heard that creeeeaaakkkk! noise she'd lose it and put my cpu out a window...  (Too many bad memories of "whatever that noise is KNOCK IT OFF @ 1:00 am) lol....

That, and the fact that getting the TV "Power stick" outta her hands is bad enough.  Having to fight over MY computer would be beyond tolerable...

*sigh* that makes me recall one evening I was training parry & decided to use the random animals in the area... Well apparently I forgot to tab out on the last one and managed to kill a CAT with just wrestling..  You'd think I'd killed a REAL one by the look on her face when she came in the room & asked WTH.. was that!   

Anways... nice meeting you all.

Tags: