0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • zuo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: June 05, 2019, 03:58:09 AM »
Hello - I've gotten back into UO after about 15 years out. I was pleasantly surprised to find it still alive and well when I went to show my son what games I used to play.

I played mostly on Atlantic despite Europa being the closer shard (picked random shard when I started my account back in 1999). UO was my first experience of online gaming. I remember vividly the first few hours I experienced starting in UO. No other game quite came close. My main character was a Mage named MacLean.

I'm introducing my son to the game and he really likes it (although prefers the enhanced client!). I wasn't sure whether he's show any interest given the modern flashy high tech console games hes played. So I'm getting back into the game too. Lot's changed, but lot's still the same too which is cool.

Back to creating new characters now which brings me to scripting again.

I used EasyUO back in the day for looting helpers as well as skill training. I made some of my own scripts too - although very basic. I'm much more adept at coding now so keen to see what can be achieved.

I'm still playing Atlantic and Europa - leaning towards Europa though due to more readily available housing spots :)

Still getting to grips with the new play styles and character templates. I mostly do PVM (some solo - some spawns / Doom etc) - keen to hear what templates folks are using for this play style.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 05:14:42 AM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline zuoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • zuo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 05:39:16 AM »
Thanks

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 01:09:42 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: