Author Topic: NObama's Tally Thread  (Read 15966 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: NObama's Tally Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 06:35:38 PM »
Look.  You're already on the Revenge List.  Don't make me slap you with a smelly smelly trout.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2011, 04:19:25 AM »
I agree - but ya have to spend the time to look. Now if we could write a script to....

The script is technically already written, but I don't have a copy of it, as the search sites do it for me - I just looked on them and then logged in and made the necessary purchases whenever I would find mispriced items. 

As for writing a script that could be used independantly from those sites, it sounds like it could be an interesting project, and while I don't know how difficult it might be, it doesn't seem too impossible.  Logging in might be a little annoying, but it should be fairly simple overall, depending on how many shards would be searched, the method used to log-in, and the timer used to determine when to begin logging in each time (pretty much like a BOD timer, I would guess?).  The wandering part seems fairly simple, although I haven't done much with rails, but there is enough help out there for that.  Finding and opening the vendors also seems rather simple, although opening all the containers on the vendors might take a little more work.  And then the actual searching of items and their prices seems like it might be rather straightforward too, most likely by setting a list of items and high prices to pay, with the possibility of speeding up the scanning by ignoring items after an initial scan. 

Anyway, just brainstorming a little, as it sounds like a lucrative project, but I am a little hesitant to take on anything too big right now (personal issues), although once those are cleared up, I would be all over trying to work on a larger project like that!

Done and DOne..... did it in OpenEUO last year.  In typical fashion Ive only just started logging in again. lol  Takes about on average 75mins per shard.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2011, 05:48:07 AM »
And 0 for 37.  That's 37 without *any* drops, btw...not just the one I want...

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2011, 07:36:52 AM »
I am thinking after no drops that something you are doing must be corrected. It was funny to start but this is way way against the odds. How about a step by step run down on what you are doing?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2011, 09:27:42 AM »
The problem that I have come across is doing them sperratically here and there. If I can't sit down for at least four hours straight, then I never get anything.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2011, 02:21:41 PM »
I am thinking after no drops that something you are doing must be corrected. It was funny to start but this is way way against the odds. How about a step by step run down on what you are doing?

What do you mean, Gim?  I'm killing killing killing the Acid [Renowned].  I have yet to get a drop from him.  I've gotten a couple drops from the Fire Demon, so I know to look on the corpse.  Other than that...

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2011, 03:50:17 PM »
I'm not sure what I mean!  :-\

(I've never faught him) but

If you are solo have you tried adding another to your party.

If you are in a party get out of one. etc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2011, 05:35:34 AM »
And 60.

This is nucking futs.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2011, 09:52:34 AM »
If you = noob
Undo noobness
If you <> noob
Become noob
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2011, 10:23:58 AM »
i see my internet gnomes are still hiding the drops from nobama

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2011, 10:26:36 AM »
Still thinking 69 (breakfast of champions!)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2011, 09:34:42 AM »
Bump.  And grrr.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2011, 10:20:41 AM »
That's just sad, NB
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2011, 01:32:00 PM »
Don't give up hope! I did 100 travesties before I got my first crimson, and those were just solo ones.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2011, 03:39:47 PM »
And...I'm doing them all MANUALLY.

The shame.

Tags: