Author Topic: WINDOW 10  (Read 15832 times)

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: WINDOW 10
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 12:38:54 PM »
Win 10. Much better than Win 8....  i feel relief from the annoyance of 8

I am still running 7 on all my machines but I do not look forward to reinstalling all my programs when I upgrade to 10

I did not have to reinstall anything.  I used their updater and all my programs were still there. I made  a backup in case, but did not need it.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 05:53:13 PM »
ahh cool - you were on 8.1 - hope it works for 7 pro

Offline The GhostTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2015, 06:10:32 PM »
Need to find out, if I can kept Win 7 and install a new boot win 10. Will be nice if I can dual boots.

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 08:54:21 PM »
8 desktops and 6 laptops later, finally found a glitch I can't fix.... Damn mad machines and their asshat video cards.... Windows 10 installs and flashes like crazy, about had a seizure lol....  Mowed through a few black screen of deaths no biggie, even smashed through the primary monitor/external monitor glitch for windows basic graphic cards , but this damn flashing is going to be my death lol

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 09:49:52 PM »
I read that asus computers (not sure if they strictly mean asus laptops or desktops with asus components) and SSDs are common amongst people who experience black screen of death.

Crome, what did you mean the update options were no good?

I wouldn't want to do a fresh install because I have programs on my computer that I can't get again (for example, vis. studio 2012 professional) due to installing them while I was a student.  I don't have access any longer, and am too poor to buy it right now. 
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 11:08:33 PM »
8 desktops and 6 laptops later, finally found a glitch I can't fix.... Damn mad machines and their asshat video cards.... Windows 10 installs and flashes like crazy, about had a seizure lol....  Mowed through a few black screen of deaths no biggie, even smashed through the primary monitor/external monitor glitch for windows basic graphic cards , but this damn flashing is going to be my death lol

This is your penance for not playing Rebirth more.  I installed Windows 10 on my "spare" computer today so we'll see.  Gets an initial thumbs up.  The SUO Launcher actually works too!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 11:29:38 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 11:09:34 PM »
I read that asus computers (not sure if they strictly mean asus laptops or desktops with asus components) and SSDs are common amongst people who experience black screen of death.

Crome, what did you mean the update options were no good?

I wouldn't want to do a fresh install because I have programs on my computer that I can't get again (for example, vis. studio 2012 professional) due to installing them while I was a student.  I don't have access any longer, and am too poor to buy it right now. 

I heard by some employees in my company, that the upgrade takes a longer while (on one notebook 7 hours)
I personal never would Upgrade always clean install because of certain reasons.
Does an Upgrade clean the registry? Wrong Cached Data wich it still use even when you uninstalled a program?
How does Windows grant compability? I mean do they just set CompabilityMode on all applications?
Before i start to find out what it does and doesnt and due my clean structure on Files\Backups, a clean installation takes me 30 Minutes and no issues. ;)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2015, 11:33:05 PM »
The first computer I did was a relatively new install of Win 8.1.  That took about 30 minutes and no hitches.  The second computer I'm attempting is a Win 7 Home version.  This computer is also relatively new and has taken much longer, but that's because it really isn't all that powerful.  It's been grinding for about an hour now.  If this does OK, then I'll try it out on my more "main" laptop that's Win 7 Professional.  After that, I'll keep going and try and brake one of my other computers.  Yes, I have alot.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2015, 03:55:51 AM »
Have any of you guy try to have a dual boots.  Do a clean install of Win10 and kept Win 7

I would love to kept my WIN7  just incase something happen or does the license because invalid after you upgrade to WIn 10

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2015, 07:04:11 AM »
Fixed the flashing screen issue at 4:21am woooot! Just needed to run safe mode and download catalyst suite for windows 10. It was fun since I had to figure out how to run safe mode without being able to see. Basically moved my mouse to the area I thought the  start up button was and hit shift while clicking restart computer, needless to say, it took a few tries lol
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:05:43 AM by Trixta »

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2015, 07:22:33 AM »
Can't you get to safe mode while pressing f8 during start up? 
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 10:39:57 AM »
Nope );

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2015, 05:53:57 PM »
U could crash PC and get recovery window up.

Offline Rup

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Rup has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2015, 07:54:25 AM »
You can enable F8:
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

Or disable F8:
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard

Not that I care to get into the F8 menu that often, they disabled it to make it boot faster by default.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2015, 03:08:31 PM »
dang I only just upgraded from win xp to win 7 this year....... think it might take me another few years to bother with win 10.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: