Author Topic: Good day all  (Read 2691 times)

Offline CedmonTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Cedmon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Good day all
« on: November 26, 2013, 11:00:57 PM »
Hello all i am Josh and i have been a wow addict since SE.  I am not exactly sure about why i love this game so much but i feel like it is part of my life blood. 

I started playing video games at the ripe age of 8.  Got my first playstation one and it was all down hill.  I have been a tech geek since that Christmas. (1997, i know that makes me only 24 but i feel older then dirt sometimes.)

A little about my UO history i started as i said during the samurai empire expansion.  My friends had been playing it for a time and they talked me into it.  UO was my first MMO.  I made my account and feel in love with PvM.  farming balron paragons with my first guild [BEF] on the LS shard for about my first year.  Then one of the older members named Bud got me into pvp.  I made a Stealth Archer right about the time ML came out and that evolved into my first red.  Transitioned from a group of 5 stealth archers to 3 bushido archers. 

I began moving away from my original PvM days into my PvP time and i joined the massive guild [UDC] still on LS.  I made the mandtory NecroMage template that the guild ran with and learned about spawning.  I only really played uo for about 2 years then my friends migrated like so many did to WoW.  It has been an 8 year gig over there but i still from time to time enjoy playing on the freeshard of UPDemise. 

Only this last week i decided to set up a new account on OSI and begin the neverending grind of UO.  I have a basic crafter and a foothold fighter to get me off the ground.  My newest character is what brought me to script uo.  I was looking around for information on sampires.  I stumbled across a post by Guinness (http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=10550.0) Looking more and more around the site i feel like this would be a great community to get my ideas out to and to learn more about what things have changed in this game and how i can help give incite to the group.

I do have a little scripting knowledge from back in the day and would like to hone my skills with the help of this community.

Work/ schedule

I work currently 2nd shift at a local Structural steel factory in northern Wisconsin so my hours of online are usually midnight till 4 or so in the pm and around 10-2 in the am. I run a drill like prepping beams for fabrication. I have been in manufacturing since i got out of high school and do have about 3 years of college under my belt still need to finish that last semester however :(

Would love to be a part of this community and looking forward to chatting with you all soon.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Good day all
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 05:11:46 AM »
Thanks for the great intro, restricted status lifted, have a look around!!!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Good day all
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 06:30:50 AM »
WELCOME!

Offline CedmonTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Cedmon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0