Author Topic: Who just heard the first time about ScriptUO and is amazed? It is me!  (Read 3141 times)

Offline XZiderTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • XZider has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi folks!

This is XZider. I am a guy from Germany and I play UO since the second age was just new. I still remember how angry my father was when he found out I spend hours playing Ulitma Online because there was no internet flatrate.

Since that time besides playing UO I studied computer science and lerned scripting with EasyUO. While studying my computer was always running some lumber or mining script.

Nowadays I am a Quality Assurance Manager, responsible for the Software Quality of some Web applications of a big car manufacturer.

My girlfriend (I know her from an UO freeshard  ;D ) just started playing on a new server a friend of joined. So I started again scripting some new files especially for that new shard. While I was looking around in the internet because of an issue I just had, I found ScriptUO. I am amazed because of the syntax highlighting and the variable overview function. I'll always missed stuff like that in EasyUO. So here I am, joining the forum and writing this post to introduce my self and join the community of ScriptUO.

Thanks for your attention and farewell  ;)

XZider

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Who just heard the first time about ScriptUO and is amazed? It is me!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 09:23:33 AM »
Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 09:31:24 AM »
Oh, you're using the ScriptUO program.  Nice.  I still use it all the time; I can't write scripts anymore without it.  Welcome to the site!

I need to post the version that allows you to script while UO is open; I don't think I ever posted that.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 12:40:58 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline XZiderTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • XZider has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 01:10:58 AM »
I need to post the version that allows you to script while UO is open; I don't think I ever posted that.
That would be great.

By the way, SUO is crashing when I start it in Admin mode...
Very curious.