Author Topic: Hola,hi, oi!  (Read 2563 times)

Offline alfie_garganeyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • alfie_garganey has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hola,hi, oi!
« on: June 04, 2011, 07:14:51 AM »
Hi, my names is Leon, i`m twenty five years old, brazilian uoplayer.

I was introduced to the game by a close friend back in 2003.
I used to play dungeons and dragons second edition with a bunch of real life friends and one of them purchased uo  in a trip to disney.
When he came back, he installed and started playing. At school, he used to tell me all this cool stories about the lich in the graveyard, and how he almost killed him, but ended up loosing all his hard earned stuff. One day, we were having a D&D night and he installed uo in my PC. The uoautopatch went for hours and hours, and when we were finishing the d&d adventure
(like 5 AM) the patch was done and he proceeded to teach me about UO. The D&D dungeon master was kind of pissed about our UO enthusiasm, as we left the RPG table, but later he would start playing too.
He told me about skills, and i chose swords and mining. I was so addicted that in a week i went from 50 mining to 80.

I need to explain something about brazil and ultima online. Internet in brazil, back in 2003, was very slow. Most people had dial up connections, onboard modens, and free (crowded,slow) internet providing systems. Playing on OSI was a privilege to few people. And those few people, in a best case scenario situation, would have 200 game ping and would never be able to compete with 20 ping american users.

So, we played on freeshards. Great man walked the earth, back then. Some legendary freeshard admins like "The iceman", who back in 2003, hosted "TFG", greatest brazilian freeshard, with 700-1000 players online. On a sphere based system. There is traditional UO and Brazilian UO. In the second case, we had, mana potions, indian horses, infinite skill cap, elder nightmares, prisma lords, Blood wyrms, and elven bows. All that the creativity and complete lack of fidelity towards OSI, could be.

Back to my uo story, i became addicted to mining, and within two weeks, me and my friends, bought a small stone tower.
We placed it near the small orc fort, between east britain and the swamp beneath compassion desert.
I used to mine in those classic britain strip mines. One day i got pked. The guy ressed me and offered me protection.
I would sell the ingots only to him, at a fixed price. It was great, having a Dread lord bodyguard/boss. I would often msg him on icq: "im hidden in the mine, and theres a pk here!"
He would recall in, and kick the *bleep* out of anyone who was bothering me.

The days passed, and we managed to get a guildstone. At that time, we were three. But many people from our school joined our guild.
And later, we met some cool people ingame. Bringing our numbers to seven. There were this big quest, called "the emerald sword" there were clues all over the world, and we were all over it. The quest went on for almost a year. There were many parts of the quest. We won some cool prizes on the quest, and became acquainted as THE RP guild of the shard.

I was more of a pvp guy, so i recruited a bunch of pks into the guild, so our RP guild was RP/PK. Someday, i realised i was so fat i couldnt see my dick anymore.
I started a diet, lost 40 kilograms. Got a cute goth girlfriend and forgot about UO. I was getting late.

We all stopped playing for some years. Three years ago, i came back to UO. Played Divinity, Hybrid, OSI, UOSA.
Stopped again. Now im back to check out high seas and stygian abyss.

I`m getting fat again. But i already got the girl  ;)

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hola,hi, oi!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 07:34:50 AM »
Thanks for the great intro...welcome to SUO! Have a look around!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 08:40:35 AM »
welcome and nice intro.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 08:55:04 AM »
WELCOME!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 12:42:50 PM »
Wow what great intro and it actually brought me to where I could actually remember some of that stuff back in the day. Come back often and please do not be a stranger.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 01:53:13 PM »
Lol, that's a funny intro.  I'd hang it up if my game caused me to lose track of my penis.  Now where did I leave that thing anyway?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 10:45:41 AM »
Welcome,

And now for the most important question.... Can we see the goth girl?????

JaF

All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Tags: introduction