Author Topic: Siege Skill Gain RoT Timing  (Read 6091 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Siege Skill Gain RoT Timing
« on: September 27, 2010, 11:29:58 AM »
These Subs and the associated call lines are for setting up skill gain scripts to account for Siege Perilous RoT skill gain delays.  My RoT check and wait are only triggered if you are on Siege Perilous, so these subs can be incorporated into any script to incorporate RoT training on Siege. The wait sub hides you if you are not already hidden, and opens your backpack every two minutes to keep you from being logged off. Hiding is optional, its the second parameter. If you are working a skill that uses objects, you may need to account for this when it hits RoT.  In a crafting script, for example, you should probably re-initiate use of the tool.

Before you perform the skill activity you need to set a variable to track skill gain:

Code: [Select]
If Siege in #Shard
   {
   chooseskill blac real
   Set %CurrentSkill #Skill
   }

After actuating the skill you check to see if you gained skill and then go to RoT wait.  If you are doing something difficult enough to gain skill in RoT on Siege, you gain every time.

If Siege in #Shard && #skill >= 700
   {
   chooseskill *SKILLYOUARETRAINING* real
   If %CurrentSkill < #Skill
      {
      Gosub RoT_Timer *SKILLYOUARETRAINING* Y
      }

And here is the ROT wait sub:

Sub RoT_Timer       ; Sets the RoT timer
If %2 = Y || %2 = N/A
     Set %Hide Yes
Else
     Set %Hide No
Chooseskill %1 Real
If #Skill < 700
   Set %ROTSkillTimer #SCNT + 2
If #Skill >= 700 && #Skill < 800       ; 5 Minute Interval
   Set %ROTSkillTimer #SCNT + 300
If #Skill >= 800 && #Skill < 900       ; 8 Minute Interval
   Set %ROTSkillTimer #SCNT + 480
If #Skill >= 900 && #Skill < 1000      ; 12 Minute Interval
   Set %ROTSkillTimer #SCNT + 720
If #Skill >= 1000 && #Skill <= 1200    ; 15 Minute Interval
   Set %ROTSkillTimer #SCNT + 900
Repeat
   {
   If %ROTSkillTimer - #SCNT > 120
      {
      If H notin #CharStatus && %Hide = Yes
         Event Macro 13 21       ; Hide
      Set #LobjectID #BackpackID
      Event Macro 17 0
      Wait 2400
      }
   Wait 50
   }
Until #SCNT >= %ROTSkillTimer
Return
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:59:25 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
Re: Siege Skill Gain RoT Timing
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 04:00:37 AM »
I have been doing some work with this sub and made some improvements.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 07:02:33 AM »
I really wish I knew of EUO back in the days when I was training on Siege.  I even bought a kitchen timer that I kept at my gaming desk.  lol.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 06:29:23 PM »
I took your sub exploded it and rebuilt it in my own image.... lol

What i actually did was expand it so you can pass across multiple Skills and it will only wait for the lowest time until next gain.  Ie for training taming on seige you are actually gaining in taming and animal lore... thierfor I only want it to wait if both skill are in ROT. (and not at skill cap) and then only wait the min time for one skill to come out of ROT.

Here is my code... its customized for my numerous subs and settings but you get the idea.    I hope you doing mind me basing my sub off your work (credits given).

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:34:38 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 04:28:07 AM »
As long as you don't mind that I shamelessly switch to using your code! :)

-Mario Andretti

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 06:31:44 AM »
As long as you don't mind that I shamelessly switch to using your code! :)

LOL of course not... I just posted the Hide subs and the AntiIdle was already in that thread so you should be good to go .. I updated the seige code a tad to reflect new sub names and explain the other 2 en subs.

A Word of warning.. My skills on seige have not gotten high enough that to actually fully test all the features of this code .. I dont think thiers going to be an issue but just in case be on the watchout .
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 08:39:36 AM »
updated the sub with a wait 1 and a sub name change... ENs_Hide, ENs_AntiIdle and ENs_CastSpellOn now all available in the same thread. So all must have supporting subs are present.

Thanks once again Paulonius.

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 10:46:21 AM »
never understood seige have chacters there but built them during power hour days

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 10:55:15 AM »
Well Siege is sort of "power hour" spread out all the time when you hit 70 in a skill.  Every time you do something hard enough to gain skill you will gain, but only if the ROT timer has elapsed.  Makes it so that you have to be patient to get skills to raise, but the cost of raising skills is dramatically reduced. Its actually perfect for scripting since it is beyond tedious to get started there.

-Mario Andretti

Tags: