Author Topic: Starting a Script Miner  (Read 29265 times)

Offline NewsmanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Starting a Script Miner
« on: January 18, 2011, 04:15:33 PM »
This tutorial will teach you how to start a script miner on a shard you have nothing on.  It is intended to bring you from day one of a trial account to long term script mining.

Begin your script miner on a shard you have nothing on.
Your starting skills should be Mining and Tinkering at 50 and 50.

You'll want to use a human if you plan on just mining as a trial account and then starting a new trial account when the first one expires.  Humans can carry more, and thus they will suit your needs best.  You can not receive colored ore or gems on a trial account.

If you want long term viability, you'll want to make an elf.  Elves get more gems, and are arguably more profitable as script miners in the long run.

So how do you begin?  It's rather simple actually.

Begin by visiting the EUO site and downloading MWinc's miner and Heretics walking mumbler
http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=25447#25447

Once you have it downloaded you'll want to follow the instructions provided.  You'll set up rails and basically walk between a forge, your mining spots and the bank.  In a day or two you'll be a gm miner.  By day 3 you should have about 180k iron ingots.

You'll sell the 180k iron ingots in global or in luna.  It rarely takes a while and you can afford to sell them cheap.  Ideally you should get between 1.5 and 2 mill.

With the gold you receive you need to buy 3 things.  a 100% lrc suit, 2/6 jewelry, and a 64 spells mage spell book.  With imbuing out, these things are cheap and easy to find on almost every shard.

How do you proceed now?  
It's time to get a few skills that will be valuable to you.  Train magery, meditation and evaluating intelligence.  
How do we do this?
We script of course.  http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=292368#292368  Select magery and script to gm.  Really, you only need about 80-90 to do what you want reliably.  

Once you have gm magery, you're going back to mining.

You just keep the same script going and bringing in ingots until the day before your trial account status ends.

You need to get a vendor to sell ingots, sell the hundreds of thousands of iron you have for gold, mark runes to your permanent script mining locations, find a spot to place a house and tie up odds and ends.

http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=309701#309701 For your first day out of trial account status, download a permanent script miner, such as the one above.  Get a house placed.  Follow the instructions of your script and mine forever.

Congrats. You've turned a trial account with nothing into a permanent script miner.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 08:29:22 PM by Omnius »

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a Script Miner
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 08:23:38 PM »
Only one Problem with this tutorial........

Code: [Select]
Begin by visiting the EUO site and downloading MWinc's miner.
http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=309701#309701

Once you have it downloaded you'll want to follow the instructions provided.  You'll set up rails and basically walk between a forge, your mining spots and the bank.  In a day or two you'll be a gm miner.  By day 3 you should have about 180k iron ingots.

My miner is Recall Based....... Buahahahahaha I'm sure I could write a rail based one easily enough though....... Doubt I will, but I could.

Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 08:27:48 PM »
fixed. yours was the final miner not the first.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:51:42 AM by Omnius »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 07:34:44 AM »
Wow, I had no idea that the only way to do this was to use Mwinc's miner! No *bleep*?!?! Guess I've been doing it wrong all this time!!

;)

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 09:03:04 AM »
There are plenty of good ones out there. I'm just comfortable referring people to that one.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 11:04:16 AM »
Wow, I had no idea that the only way to do this was to use Mwinc's miner! No *bleep*?!?! Guess I've been doing it wrong all this time!!

;)

X

sorry the only miner I use is yours!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 02:03:10 PM »

;)

X

sorry the only miner I use is yours!

Am I allowed to vote for.. "Both"??  :D   They are both incredible..
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:14:30 PM by MeWonUo »

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 02:15:34 PM »
Why do you guys use theirs?  Oh yea, mine's not published. :)

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 03:06:46 PM »
Twinkle McNugget Twinkle McNugget.. always braggin.

I've had good success with MWIncs though.. always has been solid. Haven't even tried another one in quite a while to be honest.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 05:38:05 PM »
Hahahaha, sadly shortly after coming here I stopped even bothering with updating my miner or lumberjacker.

Player scanning
Faster
Seperate your blackrock and diamonds
Ability to react to that Silly little Freeze up EA added when you recall

I just realized that there are too many whiners over at Easyuo. I think orngrimm took over handling issues with them :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 06:01:09 PM »
Hahahaha, sadly shortly after coming here I stopped even bothering with updating my miner or lumberjacker.

Player scanning
Faster
Seperate your blackrock and diamonds
Ability to react to that Silly little Freeze up EA added when you recall

I just realized that there are too many whiners over at Easyuo. I think orngrimm took over handling issues with them :)

Last time I had checked in over there and looked at that thread.  I think grimm was waiting for your okay to publish some changes that people were asking for.   Don't remember exactly what was going on anymore, I try to avoid that site if I can.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 08:53:05 PM »
Manwinc's is a quality miner.  I have no issues with it so far.  If I had access to a demonstrably better script, I might go so far as to test it.  But this is a case of if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 02:55:09 AM »
There's a mining script for every taste. Some do some things well, some do other things well, some only serve Twinkle McNugget ;)

Mine would be a lot better if I could get off my arse and finish updating it but it does get the job done! Especially in Ter Mur :D

X

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 04:25:35 AM »
Looks like Omnius imadvertantly pressed a button here... remember, guys, that he's still relatively new here and may not have been able to sample the different mining scripts posted on ScriptUO!

I think this is a good tutorial!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 05:22:28 AM »
Looks like Omnius imadvertantly pressed a button here... remember, guys, that he's still relatively new here and may not have been able to sample the different mining scripts posted on ScriptUO!

I think this is a good tutorial!
Hehe. No buttons pressed anywhere Tarpan, I think it's just good ol' fashioned harassment... Something everyone has to put up with now and again if they want to make it here ;)

X

Tags: