Author Topic: Hi I'm Risky - programmer and gamer  (Read 2286 times)

Offline RiskyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Risky has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi I'm Risky - programmer and gamer
« on: June 14, 2011, 07:00:26 PM »
Hi,

I'm Risky - I used to play UO ages ago when I was a teenager back in the 90s, and I've recently returned.  I'm a game developer by trade, and automating games is a hobby of mine - I've written WoW bots and bots for a few web games, and I wrote a lot of automation tools for A Tale in the Desert.  

In 2004 I found EasyUO, but I just got fed up with the terrible language after a while, and I couldn't take it anymore, so I left.  Recently, I disovered the new Lua stuff, and I'm back!  I already know Lua pretty well from my WoW antics, and also I've worked on games in the industry that integrate Lua internally, so I'm pretty psyched.

My first project was a little miner I posted up on the main easyuo forums called Risky Miner - you should be able to find it in the OpenEUO script section there.  It has pathfinding (Dijkstra's) and uses the game files to navigate around to the closest mining spot.  It can smelt on your beetle, and eventually stops when you fill up with ingots or run out of tools - it was pretty fun to write, and I'm kind of poking around for my next project.  It's a zero-config script - I really like writing ones that just go and figure out everything on their own.

Anyway - hello :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:02:28 PM by Risky »

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Hi I'm Risky - programmer and gamer
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 07:08:59 PM »
Welcome to the site.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 09:36:40 PM »
I wonder how many people actually know of, can discuss, and then implement Dijkstra's algorithm! (He was a pretty cool dude too, though I disagree with him on some points)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 09:45:30 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 04:39:19 AM »
Welcome to SUO!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 06:16:54 AM »
Welcome to SUO !!  It is refreshing to have some more LUA programmers here.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 08:26:37 AM »
Welcome... lets get this lua ball rolling again.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 09:22:09 AM »
I'm looking forward to getting back into it.  I haven't scripted anything for probably 7-8 months.  Go Cheffe go!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 10:53:12 AM »
43% and countingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg...................................................................

Tags: