Author Topic: ninja= kewlness?  (Read 3773 times)

Offline thoornTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • thoorn has no influence.
  • kill all imps
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
ninja= kewlness?
« on: April 01, 2010, 04:11:40 AM »
Hey everybody, hoping to get some help on a template i'm running right now, skills are:

110 ninjitsu
100 tactics
100 fencing
100 poisoning( not yet, but getting there :) )
100 hiding
100 stealth( same as poisoning, being a silly ninny in getting this up :) )
90 spellweaving

what i've been doing so far is hanging out at the coon champ in despise, shadowjumping around and looking for even more newbified players to throw some shurikens at and get in a nice deathstrike to finish it. I've also taken a liking to the fukiya darts, dmg output is ridiculous, but man i love poisoning. also the pixies that i summon with spellweaving are great, same for gift of life, totally digging the ML stuff.

Do you guys have any suggestions for making this more sneaky and maybe some must-have gear items? i'll post a list of what i have right now if it helps out, let me know.

Post Merge: April 01, 2010, 04:19:02 AM
if anybody's wondering, i use my tamer to gate this guy around :p
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:19:02 AM by thoorn »
"Momentum is a great ally."

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: ninja= kewlness?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 08:17:25 AM »
First off, let me say its been a long time since I've played a warrior. So I may not be much help gear wise.

Secondly, you should raise fencing to 120. Your primary weapon skill is calculated into whether or not you will hit your target. At 120 fencing against their 120 wep skill with each person having persay 45 HCI and 45 DCI you have a 50 percent chance of hitting. So 120 Fencing I believe is a must.

Now the third thing here follows true with magery and poisoning. I can't remember about wep skill, but I'm at work and cant research it. So maybe you should look this up on uoguide later. At 120 fencing skill you may only need 80 poisoning. Regardless, you should know that the majority of people carry several cure pots on them. Sometimes just for fun on my mage I'll just spam poison on a warrior to see how many he has. My record is 53 poisons in a row before he ran out and ran away. :D

Fourth, you can probably drop stealth down to 80. That is what alot of people use as long as you wear mage armor or leather.

Ninjitsu...never really used it. Can't help you there.

Spellweaving....I've only used JoAT Attunement and Gift of Renewal.

How do you successfully heal yourself? You carry alot of smoke bombs, and stay in animal form?

• Activity:
    0%
  • kill all imps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 08:23:17 AM »
pot chugging for curing/healing/stam, i've got a secondary chef character for smoke bombs, and the only reason i go out of wolf form is to cast SW spells.(health bonus+movement is what i like :d).

So yeah, when my health does get under 50% i slap on a pot, smoke bomb and hide out at the little ogre encampment to the south, then when they've got the aggro from the ogre's from casting wither to get me out, i usually try to stick em in their backs.

i rely on deathstrike and ki attack for most of my dmg output, and yeah you're probably right about the cure pots people carry, i got in a bout that took me about 15 mins before the other party stopped swiping it off.

thx for the skill info, although i'm going to keep stealth up, i need every step i can get to move away when they start aoeing the area, i recently got my hands on a 120 fencing(from a tamer at coon champ no less :)) so that's been taken care of.

i've also started working together with another person of my level who runs an archer with magery, which has boosted my survivability by a ton.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:29:18 PM »

So yeah, when my health does get under 50% i slap on a pot, smoke bomb and hide out at the little ogre encampment to the south, then when they've got the aggro from the ogre's from casting wither to get me out, i usually try to stick em in their backs.

On EA servers, you can not get hit/revealed with wither while hidden. Not sure about free shards.

• Activity:
    0%
  • kill all imps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 06:13:37 AM »
well i haven't played OSI in a while, but where i'm running this temp wither/thunderstorm/earthquake all gets me out in the open, and it does damage too.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 06:15:56 AM by thoorn »

Tags: