Author Topic: Need help from pvp pros  (Read 4666 times)

Offline HobyTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Need help from pvp pros
« on: July 07, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
making a bush dexor, anyone got any good builds along those lines.  Figure ill use a bok for nerve strike.  do i need healing and anat, or go with bush and pots for healingl.  im thinking something like this, should i put resists on him. 

120 swords
120 bush
100 anat
90 healing
100 tacts
120 resists?
70 chiv

720 skill points

bok is a 2s wep so would 150 stam/dex be enough.  so on the armour u can umbue more hpi and mana inc?
taking any ideas
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Need help from pvp pros
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 09:07:02 AM »
bok is a 2s wep so would 150 stam/dex be enough.  so on the armour u can umbue more hpi and mana inc?
taking any ideas
BoK is 90 Dex for 1.25 swing, that's without ANY ssi on it. You put 10 SSI and you can 1.25 swing at 60.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 09:13:45 AM »
nice, but slow heals with bandies.  i guess with enough mana and pots you could off set the slow heals with a gheal inbetween and a confidence here and there

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:27:47 AM »
120 swords
120 bush
100 anat
90 healing
100 tacts
120 resists?
70 chiv

Well...  120 Parry for starters.....   I'd call any Template that uses bushido only for Confidence & Nerve strike a "NERVE STRIKER" myself & usually reserve "Bush Dexxer" for Templates that have Bush & Parry and go the whole "pain in the butt to kill route" with Evasion / parry / 50 ep etc...

Other than that...  Meditation is a good last skill depending on how tightly you want to squeeze your template & if your going to be in factions (which I assume you are since you said PvP)

Just remember that you usually want to have 140 Dextertity when fully chugged AFTER your cursed so that you remain at 4 second (MAX) Bandage healing speed & adjust your remaining stats appropriately..  Don't forget you get a bonus to Evasion from 100 Tac & I think Anatomy though I'd have to look.  I also pretty much ALWAYS end up using   Legs of Fey / RBC / Spirit of the Totem on those characters no matter what. 

Well..  I'll put some more thought into it later but for starters..

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 11:21:26 AM »
120 swords
120 bush
100 anat
90 healing
100 tacts
120 parry
70 chiv

Legs of Fey / RBC / Spirit of the Totem
ep/hci/dci on jewels
other armour pieces imbued mana inc/hpi/stam inc

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 01:37:40 PM »
Bush dexers are for pvm.  Using one in pvp is asking to get your world rocked.  Unless you're in a group fighting.  If played right tho, they can be critical for some needed things.  Like killing pets.  They flat out THRASH beetles with a slayer tali.  3 hits.  :)  Dragons... throw on your evade, use a one handed weapon and drink pots while you tank that sucker.  Other than that tho, they aren't that great.  Their biggest weakness is so big it's barely worth playing them.  (being dismounted)  The first thing I'm going to do to you is put you on foot, now you're at a HUGE disadvantage.  I can interupt all forms of your healing unless you have the healing skill.  I don't recommend playing this template unless you're in a medium sized group.  Solo, or even odds against same skill players, you're probly going down.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 07:32:53 PM »
@ Twinkle McNugget....   
Using one in pvp is asking to get your world rocked
You play a stealther too much......   of course it ALWAYS depends what your going to be fighting, bc UO's got alot of Rock / paper / Scissors action going on, but I will say that Sleep would be what I'd fear most (of course that's true for any non-resist character).  A good Bushido Dexxer is great on an Archer Heavy Shard.

Twinkle McNugget Said:
Their biggest weakness is so big it's barely worth playing them.  (being dismounted)
Well.. if He's going to put Chiv on the template than he can cure his horse and you have to admit that simply Hitting a Bush / parry character with your typical archer dismount is going to be significantly harder...

Twinkle McNugget Said:
The first thing I'm going to do to you is put you on foot, now you're at a HUGE disadvantage.  I can interupt all forms of your healing unless you have the healing skill.
Well if your still playing a Disarm / Stealther character then what your saying is your going to bola / or Melee dismount a bushido parry character?  Even if you bola then mount your ethy and holy light spam  surviving 5 seconds to equip a weapon and disarm or dismount you isn't hard... 

Twinkle McNugget Said:
Solo, or even odds against same skill players, you're probly going down.
Solo it just depends what he's up against.. it's really hard to beat the survival ability of just hiding / smoke bombing......  but then again your not really applying any useful pressure on the enemy when your doing that.....  And don't forget that as far as group combat is concerned a bushido character is THE TANK....  slaying pets definately has it's place & with mages as backup Nerve strike is a nasty thing...

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 07:57:11 PM »
Rethinking the bush/dexxor now, thinking bush/dexor with spellweaving.  Ride a hyru, dismount all kill, summon pixies.  change out parry for resist, use attunment for lack of parry. Oh, go 4/6 for heals and cures and holy light  also have two or three other spellweavers for a arcane circle to increase dmg of summons and essence of wind which gives ssi penalty and fc/fcr penalty to enemies
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:59:03 PM by Hoby »

Scrripty

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 08:00:26 PM »
Rethinking the bush/dexxor now, thinking bush/dexor with spellweaving.  Ride a hyru, dismount all kill, summon pixies.  change out parry for resist, use attunment for lack of parry. Oh, go 4/6 for heals and cures and holy light  also have two or three other spellweavers for a arcane circle to increase dmg of summons and essence of wind which gives ssi penalty and fc/fcr penalty to enemies

Much more survivable than just a bush dexxer.  Still has issues, but way better. :)  Remember that pixies USED to be good, until people figured out one holy light/wither whatever gets rid of all of them. :)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 08:37:12 PM »
Yea, but if you got a hyru biting u in the ass with pixies and me whaking u or bleeding/disarm you at the same time

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 12:32:07 AM »
Don't forget Weaving goes to 4/6... and summon pixie is like 10 mana so 6 after LMC... that's something you can cast indefinately even if they wither spam.. just stick a disarm / bleed / Nerve etc.. and all kill.

Too bad that immolating weapon doesn't add hardly anything like 2-4 dmg per swing with a lvl 6 Focus..... it's something I thought about before

Bleed
Nerve + hit effect + immolating weapon
Nerve +     '' ''          +         '' ''

Conflag etc...   but imm... is just too weak... I could swear at some time it added 1 + focus level so 14 extra in a Dbl Nerve wouldn't have been too bad but not so...

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 07:23:15 AM »
Only problem with weaving is:

-You generally need 100 weaving to get a consistent arcane focus level 6 at Brit Bank (you can get bye with 80 if one person on the circle is 100 and casting the arcane focus). There is no point in running weaving if you're not getting a focus.

-Your lesser hiryu will take up 3 slots, so 2 pixies will pop out when you pixie up. That's 10 mana per pixie before lmc kicks in.

One more thing about the lesser, it's a dragon. There will be an increase in dragon slayers being in every good dexxer pvper's backpack now that bane dragons are popping up in pvpville.

Not to discourage you Hoby. I just wanted to point out things to be aware of with your template.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 07:39:34 AM »
np, thats why i posted.  What do you recommend.  trying to find a all around decent dexer for pvp.

Tags: