Author Topic: Just popping in to say hi.  (Read 7661 times)

Offline cgeorgemoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Just popping in to say hi.
« on: August 30, 2009, 07:21:18 PM »
Just a quick note to say hi to all on the boards.

Hi.....
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
Re: Just popping in to say hi.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 07:39:25 PM »
Just a quick note back....

Better write a REAL intro...or stay restricted  forever
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 07:11:34 PM »
HAHA still makes me laugh.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 07:25:30 PM »
Just a quick note back....

Better write a REAL intro...or stay restricted  forever
Well if you must know I'm an Aquarius and I like puppies and long walks on the beach......and I mean long walks...........bring a lunch.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 07:46:26 PM »
somehow I have a feeling that yer just not going to make it here :)
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 08:01:32 PM »
You do realize how hard it is to write an introduction with your avatar "staring" me in the face.

I've been playing MMORPGs for a long time now.

My first characters were on EQ and I had a great time playing along with some co-workers on the Povar server. It was a good time but I didn't have as much time to play as they did since I worked 2 jobs and had a wife and a little girl.

I started out playing UO after another co-worker told me about his tamer and his herd of killer Ostards. He got me to sign up when the AOS buddy program was rolled out and I had a great time learning the ropes.

The greatest moment of my early UO life was the day they released the publish that made the little weeds and bushes no longer block housing and I was able to place a large 2 story. I made a small fortune after that figuring out housing sites and selling my services as a real estate agent to the highest bidders at WBB. I made for a lot of moves but selling a house every week for about 3 months was an easy way to get money.

I continued to enjoy the PVM portion of the game and had a great time leveling my toons and crafting an experience for each of them.
However about the time of the release of ML I got really sick of all the changes they kept making to archers and quit the game in disgusted resignation.

Since then I've been playing lots of different MMORPGs. I've got a couple high level characters on WoW and some mid level in DAoC and some lowbies in WAR and AoC. None of those games ever really captured my imagination as much as UO has so when my friend told me he'd reactivated his account I also reactivated mine and started playing the game again.

I got one of my toons to 103 Blacksmithing using nothing more than UOA to save some clicking and I've since decided that I was going to get back into scripting again. My only previous experience was a brief experiment to write an Inscription program a few years ago on the EUO forums. I ended up making one that worked but it was rough and inelegant and perhaps worst of all it was SLOW and I never even posted it. Ongrim (sp) released one much better that I helped crash test. It seems I'm over qualified as a crash test dummy.

Now I'm back playing UO and I still have 2 jobs and a wife but I have added a second daughter so I have even less time to spend in the mundane clicking that UO requires to be able to do the stuff I want in game. I'm hoping that the scripts in here can help with that some of the arthritis that limits my play time.

If this isn't the type of introduction you were looking for just let me know and perhaps you can come over some time and see my collection of "etchings"

Post Merge: August 31, 2009, 08:05:00 PM
Whoa...crap you reply a lot faster than I anticipated......I put that there while I composed my thoughts.

Ehhh.... it's your site, Do what you see fit and If you don't want me around that's fine I wish you all the best either way.

P.S. where did you find that avatar?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 08:05:00 PM by cgeorgemo »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 08:06:04 PM »
You do realize how hard it is to write an introduction with your avatar "staring" me in the face.

That right there is true enough.  I often get entranced as well.

You discovered the secret to full access.  Thank you for the great introduction, as well as pulling TopTwo's tail.  Kudos!

:)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 08:10:21 PM »

That right there is true enough.  I often get entranced as well.

You discovered the secret to full access.  Thank you for the great introduction, as well as pulling TopTwo's tail.  Kudos!

:)

Well I've been teaching middle school for so long that it just becomes second nature to be a little bit onrey.

Does this mean no one wants to see my etchings?

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 08:10:40 PM »

what is it with you guys!?!?! they are just breasts! think about this, your mother has breasts, your grandmother has breasts. do you get this dumbfounded when you talk to them?
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 08:12:33 PM »
Says the person with the CHEST in their avatar..... :-\

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 08:13:38 PM »
Now THAT was the type of intro I was looking for...and I don't even mind having my tail pulled (as TM so elequently put it) These guys put a lot of time into thier scripts and I feel they deserve a propper intro before they just hand them out.

Having some of the scripts here will most certainly help you get ahead in the game while still having plenty of time for that wife and those 2 daughters. 2 jobs however is 2 more then I have atm...and more then anybody should have.

Enjoy all SUO has to offer and I hope you stick around and become part of the community, there are a lot of great people here, and it is a great place to come and hang out.

As far as the Avatar goes...check out www.giftube.com there are a TON there and it is a fun site!

Welcome to SUO, and enjoy your stay!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 08:15:00 PM »
Says the person with the CHEST in their avatar..... :-\

yes, it is a chest, but i can look at it and still concentrate ;)
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 08:16:13 PM »

what is it with you guys!?!?! they are just breasts! think about this, your mother has breasts, your grandmother has breasts. do you get this dumbfounded when you talk to them?

I have NEVER talked to my mothers or my grandmothers Brests!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 08:16:50 PM »
i hate you

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 06:02:09 AM »
Welcome to the baords cgeorgemo .. plenty of stuff going on here enjoy.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: