Author Topic: Client Patch Frustration Prevention Post.  (Read 1676 times)

Offline cgeorgemoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Client Patch Frustration Prevention Post.
« on: September 10, 2009, 06:41:23 AM »
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Client Patch Frustration Prevention Post.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 06:50:48 AM »
One option you have is to make a backup of your EA directory some where else ie c:\uobackup  this would be a backup of the older version of the client that they run on alexia. then you can update the original version so you can play on osi shard.  when you get ready to play on alexia you can tell razor to use the backup version of uo which is in the above directory to play on there server. The only bad thing with this is you will be using twice the disk space but it will keep you away from problems in the future.  If i happened to not explain myself clearly please leave a note of that. I quite often mean well but do not explain myself clearly :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Client Patch Frustration Prevention Post.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 10:48:40 AM »
And PLEASE change all your desktop links to run the "client.exe".  This executes the client and not the autopatcher and lets you remain in control over the patch process.  Right now, ALL my clients are still 6.0.14.2.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: