Author Topic: Player Greifing  (Read 3881 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Player Greifing
« on: September 25, 2008, 09:25:08 AM »
While enjoying my morning coffee I decide to stop by stratics this morning to see and hear the lastest UO Gossip/News and low and behold I find this thread : http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=103451

Much too my suprise I find I'm very much in the center of all the hoopla. There are screenshots of my two chars I park in Heartwood to do their woodworking in peace. It has been getting a little more crowded in there lately but I never will understand for the life of me why people are so concerned about what other people do.

People complain about how empty the game is and that the game is dying yet they're answer is to get more players banned. ::)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Player Greifing
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 09:45:44 AM »
It's like IDOC hunting or anything else.  People get bored and do something else.  For those kinds of griefers, they are so bored and end up getting so indoctrinated into the whole "cheating" thing, that they become mindless zealots.  There's a few over at Stratics who dedicate their present UO lives to harass scripters (even though they are also breaking the TOS).  Frankly, I'll take a scripter anyday over those who try and cause grief to others.

I used to try and reason with the Stratics folk, but it didn't take me very long to realize those types of people are devoid of any kind of independent thought and must follow in lock-step with the rest of the drones.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 12:22:48 PM »
Agreed.

Usually I get hot headed and a little too emotional in my posts over there so I try to keep them to a minimum.

I try and make it a point not to engage in too much dialogue with the stratics community because of everything you've stated but still the voice of reason needs to be heard from time to time.  8)

Offline Bullmoose

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bullmoose has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 04:56:49 AM »
Misery loves company. Their goal is to make everyone else as miserable as they are . I pay the same ammount as they do to play the game. and i'll be damn i'm going to play it it the way i want. if I get banned oh well. It's just like the people that try to control the price of items. i Know for a fact that one auction Runs Team Speak. and If it is one of their items being bid on they sit there with freinds and jack the price up. You tell me which is cheating more the guy that scripts alittle or the ones that want to control the game.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 05:16:58 PM »
Someone needs to remind the stratics people of the age old rule... "if you carnt beet em join them"  problem solved. LOL  ;D
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Dessin

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Dessin has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 09:53:03 AM »
Misery loves company. Their goal is to make everyone else as miserable as they are . I pay the same ammount as they do to play the game. and i'll be damn i'm going to play it it the way i want. if I get banned oh well. It's just like the people that try to control the price of items. i Know for a fact that one auction Runs Team Speak. and If it is one of their items being bid on they sit there with freinds and jack the price up. You tell me which is cheating more the guy that scripts alittle or the ones that want to control the game.

Agreed. I get warned all the time because I speak out in my support of scripting. Anyone that spends their game time hunting down people just so they can report them need to find a better hobby.

Tags: