Author Topic: Ready for the Xbox One?  (Read 42688 times)

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ready for the Xbox One?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 07:14:52 AM »
+1
So sweet!, I heard the dreamcast 2 is so powerful, it went back in time and rebranded itself as the Xbox ONE.......

All joking aside, I have an XBone and really like it!  The thing I appreciate the most is knowing that every other online player, TV quality aside, is getting the same visual experience I am!  I do belive that PC's are the master race (thankyou reddit) But, I am still using a C2D for a processor and an older HD6950 (with the shaders unlocked to the 6970 specs), so, I would be looking at a far costlier investment to upgrade to current or near future proofing my PC.  I'm still using DDR2 RAM, and IDE HDD's!  Well, My ubuntu I started delving into is on a SATA, but everything else is all IDE!  Imagine the cost to get up to speed on PC's if I wanted to be competitive in the PC multiplayer univers, Ugh and my optical mouse is far from a tacticool one.  I'm also lacking in the whole keyboard and mouse skill required for common FPS style PC games.

I know everyone else playing online with me is using the same type of controller as me for the most part.

Cheers to those who are at the front edge of PC tech and have the mouse keyboard abilities figured out though!

Also, Netflix works well, built in Blu-ray player, My PC is still just in DVD archaic times.  Skype works super good, and can skype with multiple people at the same time.  The future games that will come out for the Kinect are going to be sweet for the kiddos, and The IR blaster turns on my TV and sound system and my XBone with a simple voice command. 

Cheers!

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 12:02:28 AM »
+1
Honestly I have to agree with Sick Boy from the Gaming Anarchist Collective, that the One is simply sub par compared to PS4, many games that run at 60fps on PS4 are only 30FPS on the One.  And a slew of other issues.

But I digress....

TM you should do what some of us others do...CFW/JTAG

PS3 with CFW 2.5TB HDD
360 JTAG 1.5TB HDD

There is much to be said for hacking a console, especially the previous gen ones.  I use my PS3 more than anything except my UO stuff.  And the 360 my daughter uses the hell out of it...at 5yrs old she beat Saints Row 3, shes now 8 and beat Skyrim DLC Dawnguard.  Now if I could just get more people to play xserver non-xbox live/psn thing it would rule!  :) 

Sorry forgot the name since I cannot use it since no one plays/cant figure out how to set it up...sheesh not like its hard.  lol

EDIT: Called "XLink Kai" http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 09:29:50 AM »
+1
Yeh, I'll ride my PS3 and 360 into the ground.  Honestly, I don't really used them all that much anyhow.

Boy I miss the Dreamcast!  That was the best console.  I have my main one and 5 spares I bought from Ebay a long time ago.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 10:12:59 AM »
+1
My buddy had a dreamcast when they were brand new!  He had a game where you were a huge robot battling other robots....single player was a fun campaign, as soon as you played 4 player deathmatch the game would get all laggy, the machine couldn't handle it at all.  I bought one later in life, as the made a Dragon riders of Pern game, and I was a huge fan of that book series as a kid. Got to a scene, that wasn't fully developed and all buggy, nobody on the forums had been ab;e to get passed this point in the game, I was so bummed.  There just wasn't enough support for proper development of games for this machine.  Still was sweet to play one though.  I'm pretty hooked on my XBone though.

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 03:20:44 PM »
+1
I have already prepaid for my copy of Titanfall for the Xbox 360. Seriously looking forward to this title.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 03:35:59 PM »
+1
I have already prepaid for my copy of Titanfall for the Xbox 360. Seriously looking forward to this title.
*cough* EA *cough*
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 05:02:03 PM »
+1
I played some of the Beta for Titanfall lastnight on my XBone! So sweet!  Bookwyrm, is the Beta available for the 360 too? I just googled it, sorry dude, looks like it isn't.  They opened up the beta on the XBone to anyone.  You will not reget that purchase.  SO EPIC! 

Cheers!

Offline bunnyhudson

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • bunnyhudson has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 08:45:47 PM »
+1
I got the Titanfall will try to play it at the earliest. If someone with more reviews, I have heard it is incredible to play.

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 08:08:06 AM »
+1
Titanfall lol.

Mechs bullets cannot penetrate walls.  lol

Even CoD your bullets can penetrate walls.  I predict so many launch issues with that game, it will make the Sims look like a cake walk!  :)
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 08:25:52 AM »
+1
Oh yeah and EA, rated worst company 3 years in a row, going for 4th year.  Sorry but any company that treats its customers like they are worthless and stupid, zombies who will buy their products based on hype and will ignore all issues the product has just cannot, get me behind a project.  I do not consider UO as an EA game as it was bought by them pre-made.  But, look at any game they put out, lets look at Need for Speed...I must say the last good NFS title was Carbon.  Most Wanted (The Original) being the best, then Carbon, then Underground.  The rest of them they tried to make into Forza or Grand Tourino.

Lets talk about Battlefield franchise...

BF2 Bad Company was a decent game, campaign was solid and MP was pretty good.  Move on to BF3 and 4 and BOTH are plagued with issues on all formats.  And for EA to say that future BF games will not concentrate on Campaign because players dont care or ignore it is just disrespecting the real gamers.  And there are millions of real gamers.  Little boys who cant wait for the latest CoD or BF or whatever FPS it is, just to play online are NOT gamers.  Mind you there are a ton of them, but they do not represent the gaming community as a whole.  Heck these little jerks would not even hold back a CoD or BF purchase to boycott shallow business practices.  Children that only care about themselves and not the community as a whole.

This is almost as bad as Capcom saying Resident Evil is not a lucrative franchise anymore because the fan base is old!  WTF?!?!  So the older people who actually have the money to buy their titles at will are somehow a bad thing? 

But, I digress...

EA (and microsoft for that matter) have both proven they deserve the titles as $hitty Businesses.  After Microsoft tried to make ALL GAMES riddled with DRM for the X BONE in the way of Cloud and Always On internet connection required, says that "Thats what we are doing so stfu and deal with it".  Only after the community as a whole stood up and said "Hell NO" did they back down.  For those of you who cannot figure out why that always on, DRM and cloud was a bad thing, let me know and I can explain. 

It was that issue right there that made up my mind that I will not buy an X BONE until it is hackable.  And even then I will only buy a used one because I will not support Microsofts practices.  Now dont get me wrong, I dont own either atm because I cannot justify paying that much for such a limited game library.  But, when I can justify it, the PS4 will be my choice based solely on the fact that Sony listens to its customers.

:)
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 08:36:08 AM »
+1
It's kinda funny that Mechs are back to being vogue.  Remember Mechwarrior? 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 05:20:56 AM »
+1
Ohhhh Yea I played MW4 Mercianaries for years :)

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 12:21:10 PM »
+1
Isn't there supposed to be a new MW or BattleTech property due out *ahem* "soon"?
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 12:26:36 PM »
+1
Isn't there supposed to be a new MW or BattleTech property due out *ahem* "soon"?

Just right after they bring out the "real" Duke Nukem that doesn't suck.  heh
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2014, 06:47:24 AM »
+1
Hold on just a minute!  I think the campaign in BF2 was mediocre at best.  BF3 was just a hold your hand and do what I tell you story.....I only buy BF games for the MP! actually, Ghosts and BF4 seem to have a decent camapign so far.  I know not to expect sandbox in a FPS campaign, and I don't.  But, I'm not child,by any means.  I do how ever love my FPS's!  It's fine if the next BF has zero campaign, i just hope we have to pay less for it is all. 

Tags: