Poll

Are you looking forward to the next expansion?

Yes - Man bring that new stuff ON! Imbueing for the WIN!
13 (43.3%)
Nope, yet another way to ruin the game.
14 (46.7%)
Heck NO, thats it, I quit.
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: The next expansion (SA?)  (Read 13871 times)

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The next expansion (SA?)
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 08:25:05 PM »
+1
oh wow... time to off some uber lootz before the expansion eh?? :-X

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 11:50:36 PM »
+1
That right there is the death of UO.  Sorry, but that's just stoopid.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2009, 12:29:58 AM »
+1
How do you mean?

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 02:22:51 AM »
+1
I will not pay for another expansion, and this next one will finally succeed in driving me away from the game for good.

Well Cerveza you should be safe. Especially considering SA was in development when I last quit UO two freaking years ago!
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 04:38:16 AM »
+1
How do you mean?

I just wonder how many expansions we are away from just being able to do this:

/create ring magery +15 fc1 fcr3 lrc20
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2009, 06:00:32 AM »
+1
Well, by the looks of those items, we are only months away from basically doing just that!!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 10:53:46 AM »
+1
How do you mean?

I just wonder how many expansions we are away from just being able to do this:

/create ring magery +15 fc1 fcr3 lrc20

You forgot +15 taming.... now your ready to go.   (Although 5 stats is hard with imbueing the 4 stats you mentioned as long as you have the ingreditents and the skill probably is 15mins).

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 12:33:23 PM »
+1
Imbue is definitely going to change item value.  My expectation is that ueber items that you can imbue will suffer a dramatic loss in value, in particular those 20M bracelets with 25DI, 13DCI, 10HCI and +10 Ninjitsu. I would recommend that you sell that stuff now.  Anything I am not currently using that I think will be devalued with imbue has been going on my vendors at discount prices.  As I think about it I am going to drop a taming/lore Mark of Trav on my vendor now.

There will definitely be things that you can't make with imbue that hold their value as imbue limits the higher end of certain characteristics.  Rune Beetle Carapace will still be something you can't make an equivalent, although you should be able to do something that would be a solid alternative. Swords of Prosperity is another example. Orny and AoF are others.

All in all I don't mind the change even if it devalues some of my stuff.  The game is item based now, but there is a huge inequity in it between the have's and have nots.  If you have 100M to spend on a suit you can generally PvP with a great deal of success against someone with more skill but no gold to spend.  Imbue will level the playing field and make the game more skill based again by making the top tier stuff widely available.  It might cost 20M for a suit, but that is a reasonable target for a MUCH bigger percentage of the population than what it takes now. It will also mean A) that crafters will have a pretty huge relevance again as the best items will be crafted and B) make champ and peerless spawns a bigger deal because a lot of the ingredients come from them.

In balance all of that seems positive to me.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline rouss

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rouss has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 10:40:13 AM »
+1
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6665/wowvxu.jpg

thats plain awesome :D

It's the end of the game. Crafting +15 X and +15 Y skills on jewelry, then adding whatever else you need, HCI, DI, FC, FCR, LRC, LMC is crazy. There has always been an element of randomness to the game. Uber stuff was available to anyone who knew how to get it.

Instead of imbuing... lets just make it a command line prompt!

make jewelry ring ; +15 Magery , +15 Necromancy , 1 FC , 3 FCR , 12 SDI

IMHO, SA is going to turn all production shards into test centers.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 11:23:15 AM »
+1
I agree with Cerv. Finding that great jewelry was always an extra gaming bonus! You could use it or sell it. Now, you can make what you need, exactly. You won't be stuck with +10 Stealth on your tamer/mage bracelet. I like that idea, but I think that it is rediculus that you can make whatever you want.
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline tgambit65

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • tgambit65 has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 12:36:49 PM »
+1
Well, I gotta admin through the years some changes have been bad ones. However, for the most part I think it is good any time you add new content. It keeps the game fresh and new with something else to do. I ready for it bring it on OSI! hehe

Thoder Gambit

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 11:00:42 PM »
+1
Bring back my silver vanq katana and I would be happy.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2009, 03:15:33 AM »
+1
Bring back my silver vanq katana and I would be happy.

That's the part that makes me sad these days.  If you find said loot on a monster these days, you wouldn't even loot it.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2009, 06:36:45 AM »
+1
I havent bothered looting in years.. without an auto looter thiers really very little point to it. 
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: