Author Topic: Best Template to solo DF? (Original post will be updated)  (Read 6711 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Best Template to solo DF? (Original post will be updated)
« on: June 09, 2009, 06:10:21 AM »
I am looking for the best template, well two templates to solo DF's.

Make first template a tamer, second, whammy or Samp or dexxer.

I am looking to make this a permanent post with the top post updated to reflect feedback. 

Guidelines to follow:
1. Try to NOT include faction items, if you must, level 1 items only.
2. Try to make any atries used easily obtainable.
3. Try to be specific in suit to choose, with whys and why nots. **
4. Try to be specific in template, whys and why nots *

*i.e. if you choose a tamer template and dont include Vet for example, explain why...
**i.e. If your suit for a mage has no LRC,MR or other stats for example, why?

I am currently soloing Lord Oaks and found if you bring him to a small hill while dragon is fighting him, his AE wont hit you, thus not changing targets.  Must be Z Axis, I dont know, but Im not getting hit just SE of alter on that small slope.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Best Template to solo DF? (Original post will be updated)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 06:32:42 AM »
I've watched a Tamer/Mage do the DF. It's all a matter of positioning.

Get your dragon in a certain spot outside room 2 (?) where there's 2 spaces deep. The Greater can only be hit by the Dark Father there, and the spawn will just stand around.

Magery and Med to Greater Heal the Dragon. Thats about it. Takes a little while, but completely safe. Maybe an EV to take out any casting spawn.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 08:13:11 AM »
120 Mace Fightning
120 Parry
120 Bushido
100 Spiritspeak
120 Tactics
60 Necromancy
80 Chivalry

I would only tweak the tactics/necro/chiv numbers and leave everything else where it is, maybe taking SS higher wouldn't be a problem.

120 Weaponskill - It's a must.  You rely on your hits for life leech from curse weapon, and mana leech from wraith form.  The more you hit, the more you leech, the less mana your target has which will eventually almost stop their casting completely.
120 Bushido - Your main attack will be lightning strike for the MAX HCI bonus from using the skill.  You do NOT want to fail executing this and the higher your skill, the higher chance of getting a critical strike!  (Not to mention the parry bonus w/ 2handers)
120 Parry - You're spending points in it.. why not go all the way?  Not only are you fightning a dark father who will throw a reverant on you randomly, but you WILL be fightning undead spawn that slips by your bone cutter.  May as well get all the protection you can.  It's not fun with a Dark Father, a Lich Lord and two reverants on you with crap parry/dci haha.

The rest is pretty no brainer.  You want as high duration life leech from curse weapon as possible.  Why?  For starters you should be in protection, which casts slower, which makes you forfit a swing.  That swing could be life/death.  Also the fact that the more you cast it, the lower your karma goes, which reduces the length of your chivalry spells.

Weapon of choice imo:  Exiler.  It's two handed & has 33% hit dispel for them annoying reverants.  Spam lightning strike every hit with the frenzied whirlwind every 10 seconds for a noticable increase in damage. 

Apples are a must, you can't rely on remove curse to take away your blood oath when you're borderline negative/positive karma from using necromancy spells.

Undead talisman is also a must.  Why wouldn't you want the extra damage along with another slayer for everything he spawn?

If you miss the honor, don't sweat it.  You already have 100% damage increase from enemy of one, another from the Demon Slayer from exiler, along with your damage increase on the rest of your suit.  You should still be at damage cap.  The downside is you lose that mythical "luck bonus" from perfection that's supposed to exist :P

For a suit I would put these mods in order from most important to least:

1.  65+ to ALL resists (Dark father will hit with ALL damage types)
2.  45+ DCI (If you can stack it to 65 GREAT, Divine Furys -20DCI bonus won't affect you)
3.  100 Damage Increase on suit (Incase you miss the honor, and for things w/o a slayer)
4.  30+ LMC (That way you can lower your Int/Mana and throw more into STR for extra damage, and stay human so you don't look like a SISSY!)
5.  75 fire/poison resist (Darkfather casts necromancy...  It's nice to be corpse proof)
5.  HCI/HPIncrease/MR or whatever else you may prefer

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 08:29:37 AM »
I got that char, but with swords...

115   Swords
120   Parry
110   Tactics
120   Bushido
70   Necro
100   SS
75   Chiv

I might have a 120 Macing scroll laying around too :)

How much better is macing vs swords for this type? I have swords for Whirlwind mostly, and of course the abundance of weapons.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 08:41:43 AM »
I just love Wind's Edge & Exiler.

I used to do doom NP at all w/ fencing and just a blackthorn kryss set.  But the damage output of them is kinda low unless you're spamming AI.

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 03:27:03 PM »
Why are you guys going so high on necro?  The length of time your CW lasts is only affected by SS... :)  You only need to be able to get into form and have max time on CW...  40 is probly high enough isn't it?  Leaves 30 more points if you have 70 necro...  That's huge, one more 120 and 10 more points to spend.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 06:29:19 PM »
I forget why I chose 70, there was some reason, non fail something.... not sure what though. I'll have to look again.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 06:35:24 PM »
I just went 60 cause the skill points elsewhere didn't benefit me enough.  Plus I hate fizzling wraith form! :P

Tags: