Author Topic: How To: Whammy Boss Solos!  (Read 8791 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
How To: Whammy Boss Solos!
« on: June 17, 2009, 03:58:15 AM »
This is going to be my first in a long line of walkthroughs for taking down champs and peerless.   I will spruce up bold text and color when I am not so lazy lol.

Basic Whammy controls, for lack of a better word.  Skills to use and when.

You will always be using lightning strike, it is what heals you, the more damage you do, the more you get healed.  Here is a short check list for things to do during the fight.

1. ALWAYS HONOR your target!  <<This is VERY Important>> Perfection increases damage.
2. Always use Enemy of One, this give you more damage.
3. Every single round of attack make sure lightning strike is ready to fire.
4. Before the fight, make sure you case curse weapon!!!  This is how you sap life!!
5. Make sure to recast Curse Weapon as often as needed BEFORE it expires!
6. Carry Protection scrolls!!  I cannot stress this enough!  Always have Protection up!!  You wont fizzle or get interrupted!
7. Use the Bushido skill Counter Attack!  Make sure it is always up!  You may also use Confidence if you like that.
8. If things get hairy!  Use Evasion.

So far I have soloed Doom Gauntlet and Dreadhorn.  I will write write ups as soon as I can in this thread.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
Re: How To: Whammy Boss Solos!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 03:58:45 AM »
Doom

Im sure everyone has done doom from time to time, so I wont talk about the minis, lets talk dark father!

First, you need to know, he is a necro and will cast that blood oath or what ever that necro spell is that causes you to take damage for hitting him.  THIS WILL KILL YOU!  If you do not remove curse.

For the fight, you will want to honor yourself, run up to him, honor him and Enemy of One and Curse Weapon.  Then attack his ass!  Pull him down the hall leading to the second room, there is a spot that is two tiles deep where it can be you and him toe to toe.  No unholy bones will reach you, no other undead spawn can reach you.  Just pray he dont spawn liches, those assholes will do the before mentioned blood oath to you as well as pain strikes.  They are quite annoying.

For Dark Father, I used a blackthorn kryss demon slayer.  And I did him with that ML swords artie, Soul Something (see my signature) I forgot the name.  With him, you may need to use evade, but standard rules apply, keep counter strike up.  Confidence helps a bit too.  Dark Fathers are funny as some are total pussies and others will kick your butt!  I dont know why, maybe its the spawn that they pop up that casts on you, maybe its unlucky rolls with the blood oath casting.  Either way, at least they dont regenerate, so if you die, res up and go back at it.

I suggest bringing in a packy or beetle and putting it in the healers room or reg sellers room.  Have extra regs and pots in there as skeletal knights and *bleep* lichs will take your regs ALL THE TIME!

But always go prepared with extra stuff, since you are there, might as well kill a few of them right?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 09:13:53 PM by Coragin »
Coragin

My Facebook

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 03:59:14 AM »
Dreadhorn

In comparison to Dark Fathers, this guy is a push over.  It is honestly harder to get the keys than it is to kill him. First you need to head to the swamp side, on the way pick up the two keys you will need that are laying on the ground, one is blighted cotton, the other I forget the name, but it looks like redish branches.  Head your way to gnaw, hes in the cave at the end of the desert streach.  He is a total wimp, paragon dire wolves are harder.  Get as many keys as you want off of him.  He is also a named, so has a chance to drop ML arties if you want to farm for a little while.

After gnaw comes the hard part, getting irks brain.  Irk himself is not hard, nor is any changeling by themselves.  Its Guile and the other named ones there.  What I usually do since I have a second account with a stealth mage is have her stealth down to south of where you pout the keys in the statue and wait there.  Honor past everything and join my mage.  I just keep mage hidden, even if she times out, just there to res anyways.  I head north and get all the keys needed one at a time.  Its time consuming and I am reckless cause I know if I die, I have a res bot there.  Another way would be honor and grab Irk killing his ass as many times as you can during honor.  That works well if you have a 5 min honor going with Enemy of One.  To max out honor, I suggest killing thrasher in Mels home.  Give a tone of fame and karma and easy kills.  Gnaw might be the same way, I dont know.

After you got your keys, turn them in and refresh everything you need, like pig irons, refresh pots, agility pots and str pots.  I keep all of those on me.  When you are ready to go in, honor yourself so you are not attacked, head in, enemy of one, honor dreadhorn, curse weapon and get ready to sit and chill for awhile once you attack, its a long fight.  Follow my first posts rules on what abilities to use and your golden.  He will knock your stamina down, so be prepared to chug.  Never mind the poison obviously curse weapon heals through it.

If you can kill Dark Fathers, this guy is a punk.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:55:05 PM by Coragin »
Coragin

My Facebook

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 04:00:06 AM »
Reserved for Travesty
Coragin

My Facebook

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 04:00:32 AM »
Reserved for Lady Mel
Coragin

My Facebook

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 04:01:02 AM »
Reserved for Grizzle
Coragin

My Facebook

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 04:01:44 AM »
Chief Proximio

Did him today, this is what I learned. Getting the keys is easy minus the liver from stinker boy.  Again, I always have my stealth mage with me to res me if needed.  I died three times getting his liver and lost my regs to him.  He will regenerate FAST, so if you die, you want to get back in the fight ASAP!  Once you have all the keys, honor and run to the cauldron and get your stuff that will allow you to cross the river and face proximo.

Before you enter, again, honor yourself, head in there will be the Chief and three green plague lord type things.  Lure them away, Enemy of One and kill them before you take on the chief.  Once they are dead, I suggest you wait for honor again before you set up to fight chief.

Always the same things with peerless, Honor them, Enemy of One, Curse Weapon, fight...

This guy hits HARD sometimes, but most of the time its a breeze.  He moves ultra slow, so dont be prideful and die when you could have pulled off to heal.  He to me seemed like a longer fight than dreadhorn, but I dont know for sure as I dont time things, I always forget. 

Keep your refresh pots handy for this fight, he drops Sta ALOT.  Also, its VERY IMPORTANT you keep counter strike up as it will save your sorry ass.  With my instructions in the first post along with what you got here, you should be able to kill him easy.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 09:03:47 PM by Coragin »
Coragin

My Facebook

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 04:02:49 AM »
Reserved for Champs
Coragin

My Facebook

Scrripty

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 03:18:17 PM »
Coragin... I have a script that you need to help me test. :)  You'll love it.  It's all in preliminary stages but it works pretty damn good if I do say so myself.  Just gotta work some timing issues and journal scan issues and it will be near perfect. :)

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 04:55:15 PM »
Sure, I will help you test it, what does it do?
Coragin

My Facebook

Scrripty

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 05:11:20 PM »
Everything. :)  Eventually.  Right now it's got most options you'd need for doing peerless and high end monsters.  And the timings are all pretty good.  It just needs someone who scripts AND does a lot of peerless to come on board to help polish it. :)  Basically it does all relevant chiv/necro/bush spells and skills, pots, bandies.  About 15 things in all.  All selectable on the fly as you're doing what you're doing with a menu.  The menu is horrible because I'm new at it, but I'll make a new one when I'm finished. :)  The chiv spells based on karma have to be manually timed at the moment until a good solution for the timing/karma based chiv spells is come up with... there isn't really a good solution yet for that... so it's all set with variables for those things in the script.  Will add those to the menu when I get time, or maybe just leave them in the script to weed out people who don't know what they're doing from really using the script to its potential. :)  I'm planing to add some sort of funtionality to know what weapon is being used for smart special use... ala whirlwind if more than one monster within 1 tile... that sort of thing.  Just working out the specifics right now and getting funtionality in.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 09:03:29 PM by Scrripty »

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 08:43:51 PM »
Id be willing to test it out for ya. I need something to get me doing peerless again. I got annoyed by getting the damn keys I havent killed any in awhile. pm or icq me 57862361

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 02:48:28 PM »
Just Curious, whats your template and armor?

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 03:29:45 PM »
Just Curious, whats your template and armor?

Mine?  lol
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 03:43:00 PM »
hehe ya yours :P

Tags: