Author Topic: Crafting Relic Fragments: Post-Nerf  (Read 6096 times)

Offline 8 BallTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Crafting Relic Fragments: Post-Nerf
« on: October 30, 2009, 10:23:10 AM »
Since we can no longer craft relic fragments using Imbuing, I thought I'd share this alternative method with you guys :) Note that it is not as cheap as the Imbuing method, but its alot faster ;)

What you will need:

A Blacksmith (preferably 120)
An Ancient Smith Hammer (15+)
Bronze Runic Hammers
Valorite Ingots
ML Gems

(Note that I used a gargoyle Legendary Artificer at the Queens' Forge to unravel my items, haven't tested this anywhere else.)

Basically you should craft ML recipe items which don't have 'set' mods like the Overseer Sundered Blade which has the same mods every time regardless of the tool used to craft it. My two personal favourites are Guardian Axes which need Blue Diamonds to produce, and Knight's War Cleavers which need Perfect Emeralds. The set mods on these two weapons give a base of 130-150% intensity before the mods from the runic tool are added, which pretty much guarantees a Relic Fragment for each one you create. The Knight's War Cleaver has HPR 3 which = 150% intensity, once the runic mods have been added its pretty much a 100% chance of getting a Relic Fragment whereas the Guardian Axe only starts off with 130% intensity, which means theres a small chance of getting Enchanted Essence (in my tests I generally received 34 Relic Fragments and 1 Enchanted Essence from each 35 charge Bronze runic when making Guardian Axes).

Thats pretty much all there is to it :) Feel free to contribute if you used other levels of runic hammer, other types of ingot, human Artificer to unravel etc :D

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting Relic Fragments: Post-Nerf
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 12:37:49 PM »
So you hold the Ancient Smithy Hammer for the bonus and use the runic to craft?
And would a talisman help any with the results for these items?
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline 8 BallTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting Relic Fragments: Post-Nerf
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 02:26:43 PM »
Ah knew I forgot to explain something :P Yes since 120 Blacksmith alone won't get you to 100% Exceptional chance its best to hold the ASH and use a decent tali when crafting the weapons - the better the tali, the lower your ASH can be. I have a tali with 28% Exceptional chance so I find a +15 ASH works to give me 100% Exceptional chance for pretty much everything. When the ASH is in your hand then just use the runic in your pack to craft with, I should probably mention that I also have GM Arms Lore for the 40 DI bonus but if you don't have Arms Lore at GM then you are no kind of crafter ;)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 02:28:54 PM by 8 Ball »

Tags: