Author Topic: UO Music  (Read 8761 times)

Offline El_RemoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • El_Remo has no influence.
  • Respect: +17
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
UO Music
« on: April 21, 2011, 10:24:09 AM »
I dont know about any of the rest of you guys, but I hate the login music we have with UO now. I did some digging around and found a simple fix. Guys when i say simple, i mean so easy a caveman could do it. I figure most of you have already changed to your favorite tunes but here the little fix if you havent.

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\music\Digital    Im in windows 7 fyi
Find the mp3 named login loop and change the name to whatever..  cheese or cornbread or something..  I found the old turfin tune to be abit more to my liking. I changed the name of turfin to loginloop then bingo.

Anyway im not certain that you could even classify this as a tutorial but maybe you can move it to a useful section of misc thoughts... 

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: UO Music
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
Another way to achieve this (un-tested but pretty sure it would work). In the same folder, open Config.txt and look for line 78 which is "78 LoginLoop.mp3, loop" and change the name of the .mp3 to whatever music you want it to play. I believe the IDs get called by the client and whatever mp3 (and whether or not to loop) is executed!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Activity:
    0.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:50:27 AM »
Makes sense to me as well. Ill try that. I just know i hated that default music..  >:(

I can see the difference in the way you scripters think. A code to fix everything..  :)  I need to let myself see the bigger picture
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:53:06 AM by El_Remo »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:12:35 AM »
I have no music playing ever, drives me nuts. Got rid of it all!

I wrote up a bunch of UO file management tutorial stuff and never posted it - still sitting in Drafts in my profile LOL. Maybe I should finish that up one of these days and get it posted, all kinds of stuff to manage your default 2D settings between characters and servers among other things.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 11:29:11 AM »
Biggest complaint i heard was macros not sticking. I dont think i had much of an issue there. Just logged off, close the client then reopen and everything was fine. Im no scripter so ill try and find other things to do that will help people out here until i can contribute. If you guys got a pet project you need help with thats not over my head, just drop me a PM and lemme know what to do.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 12:16:06 PM »
I have to be honest, I remember about 5 of the UO tunes as I've sat here and played through all of them, but I also play with no music (only sounds) on.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 01:03:04 PM »
I have no music playing ever, drives me nuts. Got rid of it all!

I wrote up a bunch of UO file management tutorial stuff and never posted it - still sitting in Drafts in my profile LOL. Maybe I should finish that up one of these days and get it posted, all kinds of stuff to manage your default 2D settings between characters and servers among other things.

X

sounds interesting 12x
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 01:30:55 PM »
I replaced my music long ago with metalica mp3s know if i could just rember the sight that told me how to do that.  Oh don t tell nobama but i sent the trolls to take away the art of Berserker's breastplate from nobama computer so when ever one drops he  never sees it and they put the mp3 of the worlds smallest violin playing my heart bleeds for you.     HEhEHEHEHEHE     just kiding nobama
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:43:12 PM by Outlaw Josey Wales »

Offline b@ndito

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • b@ndito has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 12:08:34 PM »
THIS is the true login theme!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 01:59:05 PM »
THIS is the true login theme!

yup sure is i remember that well.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 04:33:21 PM »
If you want to get a real feel for the experience try this one !!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 04:40:46 PM »
I really liked it back then!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »
Speaking of nastalgia !!

Tags: