Author Topic: Thousands of plants on 1 tile  (Read 14254 times)

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Thousands of plants on 1 tile
« on: August 21, 2011, 10:10:25 PM »
Hey guys, I don't know if this is widespread, but I wanted to share with you how I grow my plants.

You all know that you can put 125 plants inside a breakable crate, put the crate on the ground, and brake it, to get 125 plants on 1 tile right?

Coragin made a great plant tutorial telling how to do this, amongst other things. You can check it out here:
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=4103.0

Well, what I want to show you is the way I do this, just bringing this idea a little further.

So, if you put 125 plants inside a crate and brake it on the ground, you get them all in 1 tile. What you could do is put say 5 breakable crates inside that one breakable crate.

Now you put the crate that has all the others inside on the ground, and break it with an axe, getting you those 5 crates on 1 tile. The idea now is putting 125 plants inside each crate, then breaking them all, and voila, you get 625 plants on 1 house tile.

You can of course expand this idea to how many plants you'd like to grow on this same tile. I usually grow around 1500 plants at a time. Adjust this to your liking. :)

The problem is, since all crates are on the same tile, it can be a little frustrating and time consuming selecting each one, then move your bowls with seeds inside them, etc.

To make this job easier I've added a sub-section to the tools menu of my plant tending script, especially designed to help out doing this. You can find this from script v0.5 on. This is the url where the script can be found.
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=8268.0

So, you can prepare your bowls, water them and plant seeds in them, all using the tools menu from the script or however else you'd prefer. Once you get a bag full of bowls with seeds in, you can navigate to the 'Mass Plantgrowing Preparation' section of the script, and use it to move the bowls to each separate crate, and then brake them all. As you can see from the picture, there are several other options here as well, like securing your crates, so that they don't decay if it takes you a long time to gather all the plants. You can also view each crate individually, open them up to manually put/remove stuff. There's also a lockdown plant sub in this script, courtesy of C2, so that you can lock down all your plants quickly, once you have them all on the ground. :)

Have in mind that I set the script to only adds crates that are within ONE tile to the list. If you're not standing close enough, the boxes won't be added. This is done to avoid you accidently adding other crates of the same type to the list, other than the ones you intend to use for this.

Anyway, I hope this has been clear enough, and I hope you guys can find this information useful and improve the way you grow plants, like I have! :)

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to add them here, I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Cheers!

Neo

Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Thousands of plants on 1 tile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 12:49:22 AM »

Wow thanks for the info, i will be trying your script when i get home from work, i had never seen the tip to get all your plants on one tile so thanks for that, my gardener is currently surrounded by stacks of plants which limits me, i usually grow in batches of around 200 and wondered how people manage 1500 lol.

Thanks frneo

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 05:17:11 AM »
Frneo my friend.. You kill me sometimes with the information you dispense here:)  If I was into plants this would be amazing to use.  I do know a complete plant crazy person that might be seriously interested in this concept.  I will for sure relay this one.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 05:53:37 AM »
nice work... plants have been on my todo list for ever...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 10:03:02 AM »
Glad you found this useful!

Good luck with your plants! :)
Never fail to be polite.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 03:51:12 PM »
This may just convince me to start growing my own plants to get Seeds of Renewal...any suggestions on where to start getting seeds? I honestly know nothing about UO Gardening...
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 04:01:39 PM »
This may just convince me to start growing my own plants to get Seeds of Renewal...any suggestions on where to start getting seeds? I honestly know nothing about UO Gardening...

Might just ask around your shard, or use search to see if anyone is selling orange, greed, or red seeds.  Every plant that you take through the process yields you 8 new seeds.  So even if you start with only 100 plants the first cycle, you can run 800 the next. 

I personally only grow the orange poppy plants nowadays.  Green thorns and red petals don't ever seem to sell, while the orange petals still do somewhat.

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 04:22:07 PM »
If you can't find any specific ones for sale, you could kill some Bogs and Bog Things, until you get enough for your first batch... Then you can select the seeds you like best to keep growing, until you have a nice selection of the ones you like more...
Never fail to be polite.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 03:33:12 AM »
So I'm guess I should stick to growing things that produce orange or purple petals then...which seeds are those?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 04:37:22 AM »
So I'm guess I should stick to growing things that produce orange or purple petals then...which seeds are those?

Supposedly you get orange petals from Orange Poppies, Orange Bulrushes and Orange Pampas Grass.
Never fail to be polite.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 04:37:44 AM »
Your assumption is incorrect.

Though resources like Orange Petals are nice to get, you don't need 10,000 of them. And the time it takes to gather those resources make it wasteful.

Just buy them if you need them.

If you are getting into MASS plants to gain seeds of renewal then you want cacti. Cacti take less maintenance then any other plants. You use less water, cures and heals in daily maintenance of the plants which means less time spent tending them. You'll see that as you get a LOT of plants going you will be spending a long time with daily maintenance. Anything that helps to eliminate some of that time is awesome.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 05:28:33 AM »
lol i just happen to have 250 orange poppie seeds, so i am on day 7 of their growth now, they need alot of potions! and im not doing that many, im just after the Seeds of renewal for a new suit im building so thankyou fo rthe tip about the cacti!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 10:59:33 AM »
Cacti it is then! Any advice on the best thing to kill for cactus seeds? Or do boglings drop every kind of seed?

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 02:34:30 PM »
Cacti it is then! Any advice on the best thing to kill for cactus seeds? Or do boglings drop every kind of seed?
Bogs are the only creatures to get seeds, as far I know... Either that, or you could try and buy them off vendors or other players...
Never fail to be polite.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 03:41:14 PM »
Remember they expand exponentially  1 - 8 -64 etc

Tags: