Author Topic: Intro - Puebles  (Read 1981 times)

Offline PueblesTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Puebles has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Intro - Puebles
« on: November 04, 2012, 08:32:04 AM »
Hello all,

My handle is Puebles. A nickname accidentally given to me by a dear departed friend 34 years ago: I miss you Tony.

I begain playing UO about 14 years ago. I played for about 3 years and loved the game. However, my children were young and I really had to make a choice. A very tough one indeed.

After a break of nearly 7 years I came back to UO four years ago, interesting changes. I think they are mostly for the good. Best part is I get to tell "when I first played...." stories to my guildmates. They play well with my "When I was your age...." stories. Oh, and bad jokes....some very bad.

You might have guessed that I am no spring chicken. I will celebrate my 50th this month. I am married and have three children, all in college. I am not sure about this generation of theirs...not one of my kids plays any kind of video/computer games. Kids these days!

I do have a tendancy to make knee-jerk reactions; like bypassing the READ ME FIRST posts and ICQing Cerveza asking why I cannot download?....ah...sorry :-X. The good thing is that I am capable of learning and I do some programming on the side. Not enough to claim to be a programmer. But, I am interested in learning how to script. I have altered scripts, usually to update for use with gargoyles.

I have been using scripts for the past four years from that other site. Some have been useful. But, from what I read, this is the site I need to be using.

So, I hope that Cerveza can forgive my indiscretion...and the rest will accept me.

BTW, How cool is Trailmyx's GIF....I watch that often. I guess at my advanced age it is the little things.....

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Intro - Puebles
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 10:10:25 AM »
Heh, you ICQed Cerveza?!?!?!  I kinda feel silly unrestricting you because he wields a large BanHammer.  eheh

Anyhow, thanks for the introduction!  What was the foundation for the name "Puebles" anyhow?

Welcome to the site!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 12:24:34 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 07:45:47 PM »
welcome and good luck dodging that cerveza ban hammer ... its heavy and hard to stop mid swing   ???
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 04:00:15 PM »
Welcome but I have never saw Cerveza stop mid swing ?? I wonder what brought that on ?? And if it was a pay off I did not get my part so cough up the cash !!

Offline PueblesTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Puebles has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »
Well I have learned a few things over the years............one is that it doesn't hurt to admit your ignorance and ask for forgiveness/help.

Woot!

Trailmyx.............My older brother gave me and my friends new knicknames all the time. I mean, like daily. He was currently calling me Pebbles and decided to start calling me Pooh Bear. Tony lauged and said, "What next Pooh Bulls?" It was an immediate hit. I modified the spelling a bit.

Great to be aboard. Promise not to jerk that knee anymore.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 12:35:43 PM »
Lol, that's great!  I love hearing the back-stories for things like that. Cheers!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cooms

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cooms has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 09:26:32 AM »