Author Topic: Problems with everything.....Gen's Item buyer, mining scripts, etc.  (Read 3235 times)

Offline PueblesTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Puebles has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
OK, probably not a script problem as it is so wide spread.  :'(

But, I am having these issues on two different PCs at two different physical locations with two different OSs (XP and Vista).

The most recent problem is with Genesis' Auto Item Buyer. I read the posts on this site and the last 8 pages of posts on EUO site (until the release of 3.5). I did not find a similar issue: The buyer works for everything except actually buying. The menu opens and scrolls. The stats screen records gold spent, regs and bottles purchased. However, no gold is actually spent, no regs are purchased, and the buy menu shows nothing being purchased.

I recently had a problem with Twinkle McNugget's (very funny...the text replace) and Spewey's mining: no mining was ever done. Just recall from site to site. Once the scripts stopped working for a character they never worked again, even when restting spots (Twinkle McNugget's). I checked the spots manually, there is ore. After my 6th miner on the third shard stopped working I gave up.

Other issues include:

CyberPope's mining radar does not launch, no error, nothing
krustenkrabbe's SupplyShopper does not work. I used this for years, but it has been a while.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with everything.....Gen's Item buyer, mining scripts, etc.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 05:53:17 AM »
Basic questions, are you on freeshard or EA? If using WinXp, Win7, or Win8, make sure that you are running EUO as admin. I am guessing that you have the most current EUO or it would not work at all but you can double check.

Did you add the old map files? There was a change to the map files a while ago and you need to add the old ones.  I have been using mining and lumberjacking scripts this month with no issue along with cyberpope's mining rader and lumberjacking radar.

With Gen's I think there was a gump size change that needs to be made but I have not looked at that thread in a while.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 08:14:19 AM »
I would say its the mul files.  Gen's auto buyer hasn't worked for me for years,  I loved that script.  I might have to tear it up and see if I can get it working.
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 08:45:17 AM »
To add to Crisis,

make sure you have free gold pile in the bank, Check will not work and anything purchase over 2000 gold will be taken from bank.  

first let get CyberPope's mining radar to work.  

1) look here  C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic
      do you see any file like this map0.mul and map0LegacyMUL.uop

2) if the map0.mul is not there them download those file
        https://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=50878&p=417403&hilit=mul+file#p417403

3) Instal them here with  the original  C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic  

let see if that fit it.

Offline PueblesTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Puebles has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 02:32:34 PM »
1. I have made the gumpsize change.
2. On both PCs I have the files map0.mul and map0LegacyMUL.uop in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic.
3. On this PC I am running Windows XP, on the other PC I am running Windows Vista.
4. EA Shards.

Tags: