Author Topic: Timbo Slice's The House Fell Down and Broke It's Crown v1.00  (Read 37912 times)

Offline Dixie WreckedTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Timbo Slice's The House Fell Down and Broke It's Crown v1.00
« on: February 09, 2011, 06:27:22 PM »
+1
When you're camping an IDOC, do you have to multi-task to avoid falling asleep at the computer?  I know I did, so I wrote this little alarm, which will keep you hidden while waiting for the house to fall, then when the house falls, it sounds an alarm to alert you to start grabbing the loot.  There is no real set-up for this script, just start teh script, target the house sign, and wait for the house to fall.  Once the alarm has sounded, press the 'q' key to stop it, although this sometimes requires multiple presses to work.  Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions and thank you in advance for testing!

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Timbo Slice's Fallen House Alarm.txt
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Timbo Slice's The House Fell Down and Broke It's Crown v1.00
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 06:27:43 PM »
+1
*Reserved*
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 07:42:47 PM »
+1
Shouldn't it be called "Timbo Slice's Sleeping on the Job"?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 07:49:07 PM »
+1

Nope, that would be the other script - this one would be Timbo Slice's ADD IDOC enabler, since I am helping all of those with ADD to be able to withstand the pressures normally caused by doing nothing while waiting for a house to fall!!!
- karrde

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 08:23:26 PM »
+1

Nope, that would be the other script - this one would be Timbo Slice's ADD IDOC enabler, since I am helping all of those with ADD to be able to withstand the pressures normally caused by doing nothing while waiting for a house to fall!!!

Heh!  Classic, like it!

I'll run this side by side with the other IDOC script to test it out here in the next couple days.  I've been seriously slacking in my hunting duties.  Running around looking for houses is almost as fun as waiting there for one to fall.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 08:30:21 PM »
+1
Heh!  Classic, like it!

I'll run this side by side with the other IDOC script to test it out here in the next couple days.  I've been seriously slacking in my hunting duties.  Running around looking for houses is almost as fun as waiting there for one to fall.

Thanks - I hope to hear some feedback, even if everything works as intended (which has been my experience!).  I was slacking in my IDOCing until recently, but a couple nice hauls (2 tinker legs, 3 of those big demon statues, some rares, hundreds of essences, hundreds of arties, lots of tokens, etc) have given be an itch to really get out there, so I've been using TrailMyx's script to find more of them, so I've really been needing to use these scripts (especially when 2 castles, 1 keep, and a luna house all fell the same day, so I had 3 chars logged at different houses with the timer and a 4th waiting at what I thought was the first to fall so I could try looting at them all!).
- karrde

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 09:53:25 PM »
+1
I found a few idocs so I'll test them within a week.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 09:01:45 AM »
+1

Congratulations your Script has been moved to the script library
(if you dont think the section is appropriate please pm me)
Thank you for your submission
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline jetstar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jetstar has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 07:14:45 AM »
+1
I must set my own sound ? or is from the system ?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 07:17:30 AM »
+1

The sound it plays is just a default sound. To hear what it sounds like, you can try this script, which will play it 10 times in a row (it's a very short sound):
Code: [Select]
for %i 1 10
  sound
halt
- karrde

Offline jetstar

• Activity:
    0%
  • jetstar has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 07:56:12 AM »
+1

The sound it plays is just a default sound. To hear what it sounds like, you can try this script, which will play it 10 times in a row (it's a very short sound):
Code: [Select]
for %i 1 10
  sound
halt

This is not enough for me! :)

maybe i can use something like this? :

playsound:
execute D:\Rock.mp3
set %wait #random % 10 5
wait %wait
onhotkey q
  halt
goto playsound

Offline Krib

• Activity:
    0%
  • Krib has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 06:52:27 AM »
+1
Love this script works like a charm.. Wife doesn't seem to like it as much as I do, something about the 2am ding dings I guess  ::)

Offline Krib

• Activity:
    0%
  • Krib has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 04:35:40 PM »
+1
Hi Dixie, Is there a way to change this script to beep when it turns to idoc from greatly worn? Most Idoc's are early mornings for me 3am-ish so getting the time it goes from greatly to idoc lets me set the alarm so I can get a lil sleep :P

Thanks, Krib.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 07:04:08 AM »
+1
Hi Dixie, Is there a way to change this script to beep when it turns to idoc from greatly worn? Most Idoc's are early mornings for me 3am-ish so getting the time it goes from greatly to idoc lets me set the alarm so I can get a lil sleep :P

Thanks, Krib.

Hi Krib.  I'm glad you've found this script useful! I am trying to find it, but I thought I had posted my idoc timing script, which pretty much does what you want, but rather than sounding an alarm, it pops up a window display the time it went idoc.  I might not have posted it though, and I lost all of my scripts when my computer crashed, so I'll have to see about recreating it if not (I actually stopped playing UO a couple months ago due to RL, but I still plan to maintain my scripts on here, as needed)....
- karrde

Offline Krib

• Activity:
    0%
  • Krib has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 11:56:47 AM »
+1

Thanks, Krib.

Hi Krib.  I'm glad you've found this script useful! I am trying to find it, but I thought I had posted my idoc timing script, which pretty much does what you want, but rather than sounding an alarm, it pops up a window display the time it went idoc.  I might not have posted it though, and I lost all of my scripts when my computer crashed, so I'll have to see about recreating it if not (I actually stopped playing UO a couple months ago due to RL, but I still plan to maintain my scripts on here, as needed)....

Awesome thats just what I was looking for. Thats to bad about the crash and I totally understand the rl thing. If you do find the time in rl to put it together I'll be right here waiting :) I've been peeking in the learn to script pages for a long time now but always close them quick cause it makes my head hurt a lil heh. but how cool would it be to wright your own. yup I'm going back in lol.
Thanks Dixie.

Tags: IDOC  Timbo Slice