Author Topic: A Wonderful Medusa Drop!  (Read 35735 times)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: A Wonderful Medusa Drop!
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 05:23:37 PM »
Yeah... that will most likely be a "private stock" or elite script  ;) Not that making a discorder will be that hard, but the other features we talked about would be a little more powerful than I would normally release to the public.

JaF

Ears perk up

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 09:32:15 PM »
We found with slasher that it's best to just use Healing Dexers (mix/match the rest of the template) and just cross heal each other as if it were yourself so you have much faster heals and you just surround him so he doesn't move (discorder stands back). Since you can heal when you're frozen, it works fine! Orange petals help of course!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 04:19:27 AM »
We found with slasher that it's best to just use Healing Dexers (mix/match the rest of the template) and just cross heal each other as if it were yourself so you have much faster heals and you just surround him so he doesn't move (discorder stands back). Since you can heal when you're frozen, it works fine! Orange petals help of course!

Yeah, that's an option for slasher I suppose.  But, when you actually prefer to play either solo or with only 1 or 2 other people this option goes out the window.  SolidSnake and myself can do all the baddies with just him and me.  More people equals more chaos.  More chaos equals more deaths. Not to mention I much rather split the drop rate with 1 person than 10.

Just my opinion of course, Im kinda a loner anyway.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 07:21:33 AM »
Is there any truth to the more people that breaking party after entering creates far more chances for drops?  If so this is important information.  That would mean that though not likely... you could get multiple tangles and other drops.  that is what i read here some where in the forums.

Also, does anyone have an afk egg collector that works well?  man i could use one... a stealth version would be amazing but with two grad classes coming to a close There just isn't a lot of time to make one happen , test it and comb over it like I tend to do.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2010, 08:51:47 AM »
Well even with just 2 dexers cross-healing it works great! (Just takes longer, obviously) Same goes for Navrey and Medusa. I would love to have a stealth egg collector! I'd do Medusa all the time then (even though I just finished up my Navrey killing char)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 09:08:18 AM »
Is there any truth to the more people that breaking party after entering creates far more chances for drops?  If so this is important information.  That would mean that though not likely... you could get multiple tangles and other drops.  that is what i read here some where in the forums.

Also, does anyone have an afk egg collector that works well?  man i could use one... a stealth version would be amazing but with two grad classes coming to a close There just isn't a lot of time to make one happen , test it and comb over it like I tend to do.

C2,

What SolidSnake and I have experienced first hand is this;

When he and I first started doing these we always stayed partied and when we got a drop it would always be a single drop to a single character, either me or him.  We decided to do some slashers one night, and there were 3-4 other random people there when we first arrived.  Snake and I had not partied, and we just started in killing slasher with the other random people.  When it was over, Snake got a drop, I got a drop and 2 of the other random people got a drop.  3 of the 4 were identical items.  After that, we did a few more of these peerless (or whatever they are calling the new boss monsters in the abyss) and we continued to stay partied up.  I thought about it one night, and said hey Snake, let's just party to get inside then break the party to see if we get multiple drops again.  Sure enough, we broke party and we both got drops.  We have done more than a few of the new peerless monsters since then, always breaking party.  More often than not, we each get a drop.  Once in a while, neither of us will get a drop, and once in a while only one of us will get a drop.  But, also, once in a while we will get multiple drops PER CHAR!  For instance, we will get one of the new arties AND a 3.0 scroll both on one character.  So far we have not both gotten 2 drops (scroll and artie) on both characters at the same time.

So, with all that being said, we have proven that at least in our case, if we break party we get more drops in total because we each get the drop normally.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2010, 09:43:42 AM »
Well don't compare Slasher to Medusa or anything else. He seems to always drop 3-4 arties each time when we do it. Only once have we ever done it when he dropped less than 2. But if you find yourself getting multiple drops on other peerless/reknowned, then it might be true about the party stuff. My understand has always been that it's better to drop party. If I remember correctly, partying ups your overall chance of getting something by combining the luck of all the party members in some way. However then  you ALL have a single change of getting something vs. having LESS luck individually but EACH having a chance. At least that was my interpretation.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2010, 11:15:54 AM »
Snake and I are getting multiple drops from every new peerless, not just slasher.  Maybe its just our dumb luck, maybe thats how its supposed to work... I have no idea.  But either way, Snake and I are NOT complaining!

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2010, 02:14:54 PM »
Medusa stealthed key gatherer :) I'll pm you later C2
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2010, 03:06:44 PM »

Hell yeahs!!!  I will owe you one for sure

PS welcome back JAF.. nice to see you on the boards the last week or so and thx for good party info.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2010, 03:08:36 PM »

Hell yeahs!!!  I will owe you one for sure

PS welcome back JAF.. nice to see you on the boards the last week or so and thx for good party info.
Ive been back about 2-3 weeks now C2... You must have been sleeping  :P But thanks for the WB anyway :)

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2010, 03:10:10 PM »
And, to steal a little of SolidSnake's thunder... he and I are doing Medusa again tonight and Snake got the Medusa Tile drop tonight!

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2010, 05:04:35 PM »
nice.. i want one!  yeah my classes and job have been taking over my life so 3 weeks is probably one week of attention for me.. damn i cannot wait until they are done.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2010, 08:51:09 PM »
i did four medusa's tonight and only one drop each.  With two peeps attacking.  i dropped party after we started attacking but not much damage was done.  is the key to drop prior to her popping inside or were u dropping during the killing process.  just trying to narrow it down because it did not work tonight.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2010, 10:59:10 PM »
I did a couple Medusas with SolidSnake and JaF tonight. They dropped it the second we were all in the room before Medusa spawned. Once in the two (or was it three?) times we did it, there was multiple a drop. I believe Snake got the Ironwood bow and I got the gargoyle only reptile slayer thing.

Tags: