Author Topic: Podo speaks on Podo  (Read 3944 times)

Offline PodolakTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Podolak has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Podo speaks on Podo
« on: May 04, 2013, 07:46:55 PM »
Hi everyone!  I am Podolak and occasionally speak in the third person as the title seems to indicate.  I've decided to throw anonymity to the wind and post under the same name I post on for every forum.  I've read a lot on these boards and you seem like some real nice honest folks.  Repay respect with respect seems like a good start.

I technically started on LS back in 1999.  I had just graduated high school and a RL friend who played since beta thought it would be a good idea to introduce me and another friend to the game.  DAMN HIM!  I mean no no thank heavens he brought this "occasional" pastime into my life.  Fortunately the UO addiction did NOT get me kicked out of college.  Back to LS.  I was on LS for a week when it started having some serious problems with connections so I jumped over to Catskills and never left.  I technically consider Catskills my "home" shard though I rarely play there now.  The population has gotten really low and everyone knows everyone and there are so many politics its absolutely insane.  You can't turn in a BOD without stepping on a butterfly and having the whole shard breathing down your neck.  Soo....in 2009 I moved to Atlantic and that is my primary place of residence.  I did play on Drachenfels with Crazy K for a bit a few years ago too and I've played on Siege on and off since 2000.  I've worked up a Mage/Myst/Weaver on almost every shard just in case a friend needs some help.  I can't PvP worth a darn so 60 spellweaving and pixies for a possible win.  I also play Hybrid and Demise.  The only time I was technically inactive is when my first son was born in 2006.  I didn't want UO to interfere with my attempts at fatherhood so I actually cancelled my subscription for a few years.  When I came back I hit Demise first and then went EA again.  Sooo, that is how that all got into the mix.  But the end result of this paragraph is Podo plays Atlantic, mostly.  I don't pvp as a Podolak character but just look for the worse mage who is clensing his enemies and ebolting his allies and you've probably found me.

So as I said PvP wise I either play a Myst/Mage w/60 Spellweaving OR a disarm archer because as I said I'm crap so I need to play the gimpest template.  I never did get on the garg dexer bandwagon for pvp though.  PvM wise I rock a sampire like most everyone but I did just finish up a 55 LMC necro/mst/mage template that uses a complete scrapper slayers set.  He seems to have good survivability as a spawner and good spawning ability too.  I am not a terribly rich player but I have what I need and have a good time.  I do enjoy trade once in a while but usually am too lazy to sell stuff!  I run with a good group of friends though.  We are small and die lots but sometimes we just have a good day where we do a few successful raids and log out feel good about ourselves because we could kill a spawning guild.  OK fine...we are a bit pathetic but we pay our fees and enjoy it how we can!   (If my friends are reading yes, YOU ARE PATHETIC TOO!)

Ohhh, scripting wise.  I wanted to mess around with being able to AI or whirlwind on my sampire and not have to think about it too much.  I did some googling and found some code posted on some group.  I had to modify it a bit but I successful created a script that allowed me to AI if enough mana and LS if not or just whirlwind.  I was pretty proud of getting it all working and actually gave it to a friend to use who has had success with it.  I also came across this site while googling and created an account.  I honeslty didn't spend a lot of time here at that time but have since read through some things and thought it might be nice to join.

My wife's measurements?  Well I am married to a super model of course just like every other guy on here so just pick one and there you go.  Seriously I love my wife even if she does infringe on UO time.  She is leaving me alone right now to write this intro so I should be thankful right?  She probably thinks I am working on a server for work or something.  Ohhh, or she thinks I am flirting on-line.  I better tell her its UO related.  UO, my other "wife".  Actually UO was first damnit!  UO then college then marriage then kids.  Kids are the most important though all joking aside.  I've got a little boy who is about six and a half now and a little little boy who is 17 months and kicks the crap out of all of us.  He is such a bruiser the little devil.  I am not sure where he gets it from because I am a wimp!  (physically un-intimidating).  That doesn't mean Podo relates to Frodo.  I am not short damnit!

OK, its 11:46 PM where I am and who knows if anything I've written is even coherent.  Off to watch MythBusters with the wife!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Podo speaks on Podo
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 08:37:42 PM »
Wow, thanks for taking the time to write up such a great intro!  You are most welcome here!

As for the wife taking time out of your UO experience, do like me and lock here in the trunk!  Lol, just kidding, hun.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 08:43:12 PM »
When does Podo Book II of the series come out?   Seriously though Id call that a great intro.  I find it really hard to fault someone when they've obviously put in some time and done it right.   Nicely done and and a good read though I wouldnt reveal quite so much personally but to each his own.  Im sure someone with the MOD keys will be along soon....

**  See!   THE  TM is sneaky quick!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:48:47 PM by Alpha »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.6%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 09:10:47 PM »
Welcome!

Offline chirker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • chirker has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 09:21:58 PM »
Excellent introduction!!

I recommend putting this in the "Good intro example" area.

Welcome to Script UO!!

Offline Ozzy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ozzy has no influence.
  • My Boys
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 02:17:21 AM »
wow i guess i dont get to pick on tis guy  :'( welcome!!!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 04:47:56 AM »
Hey thanks for all of the welcomes!  Well as far as locking the wife in the trunk we have SUVs so that isn't going to do much good.  Its almost worth buying a sedan though, hmm....

Funny thing when I met her she had been playing MMO's longer than me.  She actually came from the text based MMO world referred  to as Mudds.  She was into something called Gateway.  I couldn't get her into UO though.  We did dabble in EQII for a little while because she liked the graphics but when kids came along that never resurfaced.  Hopefully when the kids get a little less demanding she'll venture to the dark side again.

@Ozzy - I don't think you should pass up picking on the new guy!  You've taken the effort in reading the post you should get something for that.  *paints a target on himself*  OK...ready....aim....FIRE!

@Alpha - I used to write short stories, do NOT tempt me!

@chirker - these are just random musings of an insane UO player (though we are all insane after having played the same game for so many years aren't we?).  I am not sure it is sticky worthy though I would certainly be flattered.

OK it is my morning to take care of the kids, off I go.

Offline Ozzy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ozzy has no influence.
  • My Boys
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 05:35:46 AM »
OMG  I just noticed chirkers av i almost went on the floor haha !

Offline chirker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 09:50:09 AM »
Poda, many people could take some needed lessons with your into =)

and hopefully the avatar doesn't offend anyone lol... seemed to suit scriptUO =)

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 11:20:50 AM »
LoL.. I'm not personally offended by your Avatar...   I do find myself *chuckling* though because when I see it I also notice the "Activity 1.2%" right above it & find myself thinking that should be waaaaay higher!   That GM is working!

Offline chirker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 01:05:37 PM »
I know it should be higher. When i orignally joined scriptuo, i only played uo for a few months.

I've recently returned =) And hope to make myself more known around here =)

(i'm again addicted to UO)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 01:14:35 PM »
I know it should be higher. When i orignally joined scriptuo, i only played uo for a few months.

I've recently returned =) And hope to make myself more known around here =)

(i'm again addicted to UO)

hehehehe I think he means that the GM is working it more than 1.2%, not that you should have posted more!

Offline chirker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 05:43:22 PM »
hehe, ya i kinda got that =) either way i need to post more also =P

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 06:01:11 PM »
I am .8, I am half as much as you.  If we keep posting in this thread we'll be champions!

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 08:11:37 PM »
Wow...sweet intro!! I knew your name was familiar. Crazy K has been my very good friend for a lot of years now. He is back playing on ATL with one or more of my old accounts. Good luck and welcome to where the cool people hang out. ;)

Tags: