Author Topic: Hello From Bamrak!  (Read 1674 times)

Offline BamrakTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Bamrak has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello From Bamrak!
« on: October 23, 2015, 05:30:10 AM »
Good morning and thank you for having me!

My character's name is Bamrak. I began UO when i was a teenager about 2 months after the game began. For me, this will be the most amazing thing I had ever experienced. I started at the request of a friend who had been playing and was telling me how you could be killed and lose everything and you can just explore, build yourself a house, craft and do anything! I was hooked.  I start out in minoc on Catskills and began looking around. I found some woods north of town and began walking around in wonder at the land and beautiful area north of minoc. I ran across many houses and what seemed like hours later, I ran across my first player, who i still remember on his horse and an amazing looking heavy crossbow. He quickly introduced himself by killing me. Without much information, I had no idea if this was permanent or not, so I tried in vain to find a way to see color again.. 

Fast forward a few weeks..  My friends and I have managed to supply the world with wooden kite shields, studded bustiers, and bows to be rewarded with a small house for 4 characters. We finally had a place for our cheese and broken bone armor we have scavenged from the bank!   Fast forward again three days where I am for the first time in my life, emotionally drained over a game because someone lost their key to a pk, and our house was now worthless.  I am my friends were devastated.. 

From that amazing beginning, I worked my way up through the noto patch to become a fairly decent bank dexxer, spending my days making money with a death robe and a bow.  I was a counselor on Chessy for over a year, and loved helping other players.  I quit UO because of Everquest, but never lost that feeling that no game will ever replace.. That feeling of elation only to have your dreams crushed moments later.  The feeling of a true sandbox game.

Recently I have returned to UO after many years away, and have found myself on a few free shards but in the last month have found a newer shard and have dove in feet first. I used to love trying to learn to script, and I am wanting the opportunity to do it again with the help of a great community like this.   

:)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hello From Bamrak!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 07:22:46 AM »
Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Welcome!

Offline BamrakTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Bamrak has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 07:47:53 AM »
Thank you very much! I look forward to enjoying and participating.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 06:10:29 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 05:39:24 AM »
welcome
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 12:41:25 PM »
Lies, your OSI shard character name is not Bamrak, it's ... uhh... Sir Uberelite!   

/hint hint

Tags: