Author Topic: Finditem on dual tabs on easyuo  (Read 2363 times)

Offline BtownbrianTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Btownbrian has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Finditem on dual tabs on easyuo
« on: January 22, 2016, 09:22:22 AM »
There has been a ton of information on here to help me do what I've been trying to implement and I am wondering since I have 4 scripts running to do everything I am trying to get done, if finditem would be crossing each other in each script? All the scripts are being played in 1 easyuo just on different tabs. I have ceorailrunner, lame 3.0 and a script I put together to run the rail which all seem fine! until i try to implement some coding into that one to having trailmyx's claw to try and loot stuff now.

Offline lydaan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • lydaan has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Re: Finditem on dual tabs on easyuo
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 09:42:22 AM »
The finditem returns will be local to each 'tab,' but euo can only process one thing at a time since it depends on the client to return the information. finditem is a really slow and somewhat intensive function in euo, and will likely interfere with your other scripts. I'm about at the same place where you're at with multiple scripts running together, and can tell you it's time to learn about globals...

http://wiki.easyuo.com/index.php/Documentation#Namespace

The only thing that I run independantly is my bandage script, as other than targeting, it does not interfere with any other client function.

I'm no expert when it comes to globals, yet, but I can tell you you probably need to send global pauses to pass the processing to whichever script needs to run finditem

*there are a handful of helpful threads here at scriptuo dealing with global namespace
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:45:58 AM by lydaan »

Offline BtownbrianTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Btownbrian has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
Re: Finditem on dual tabs on easyuo
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 09:50:04 AM »
Thank you so much for your reply! I was slightly introduced to it with ceorailrunner and grasping a bit more learning how to implement trailmyxs claw but I definitely will learn more about that then! I believe you have helped me in the right step!

Post Merge: January 22, 2016, 10:01:00 AM
I needed one more post to add rep for you  ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:01:00 AM by Btownbrian »

Tags: