Author Topic: Best/Cheapest place to print 100's/1000's of photos...  (Read 7409 times)

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Best/Cheapest place to print 100's/1000's of photos...
« on: August 16, 2012, 07:53:54 AM »
My wife is determined to get our photo albums upto date (10 years worth !!!)....    SO im looking for a place that can literally print me 1000s of prints for as cheap as possible.....  any one know a 5c print price

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Best/Cheapest place to print 100's/1000's of photos...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 08:06:54 AM »
Cheaper to just buy a decent photo printer and do it at home?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 08:43:46 AM »
Cheaper to just buy a decent photo printer and do it at home?

Probably not... or boarder line at best and will take a ton of time.

If i can find for 5c or under that's my best bet i think, but if i cannot not .. your suggestion might become more appealing... got any recommends on that part ?
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 08:56:02 AM »
Sorry, just bought an all-in-one printer though :P

They make a continuous inking system that you can easily refill, or replacement cartridges with a fill plug and self resetting chip (resets the "ink low" message).

With edge to edge printing on 4x6 it might be worth checking price stuff. Mine holds like 150 4x6 glossy paper. I suppose I could modify that for more.... printing a few hundred at a time would be as easy as selecting and hitting print.

$50 per 1000 is what your shooting for... depending on how many you are going to print it might be worth pricing a low end AIO or a mid range photo printer.

XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 09:17:25 AM »
While doing them yourself does end up being cheaper in the long run, it is horribly time consuming, and the constant trips to the store for more ink can be a pain.

You might keep an eye on the Sunday paper.  About once a month I see Wallgreens running a 5c per 4x6 print special.  I haven't looked to see if there is a maximum number that they will do, but I know I see it every so many weeks in there.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 06:45:24 PM »
I know my wife has used Shutterfly and Snapfish in the past. They tend to send out super discounts if you sign up for their emails. I know she's gotten at least 2 free photo books so far and a bunch of free prints. If they give out that much stuff (she never spent a penny with them before those offers), I'd imagine their prices are probably good too! Worth a look at least!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 07:06:32 PM »
I know my wife has used Shutterfly and Snapfish in the past. They tend to send out super discounts if you sign up for their emails. I know she's gotten at least 2 free photo books so far and a bunch of free prints. If they give out that much stuff (she never spent a penny with them before those offers), I'd imagine their prices are probably good too! Worth a look at least!

good sources thanks.

Shutterfly has a speacil of 9c a print  regular 15c

snapfish has a specail of 8c a print regular 9c.

Wallgreens has a speacil of 10c print on 100+ prints,,, no shipping costs as i can pickup.

still looking for the ellusive 5c print.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 07:32:18 AM »
I use Shutterfly myself. They do have different pricing depending on the number of prints - more = less. I've had excellent luck with them.

I've also tested Walmart's printing service with good results. They have some other cool flexibility which includes 1-hour pickup at your local Walmart. I don't think you're going to get 5 cent prints anywhere without stumbling across a decent special or coupon code (try slickdeals.net).

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 10:27:02 PM »
Target:

4x6 prints are $0.10 each (wait for it...)

http://coupons.target.com/printable-coupon/75f77a

$5 off 50 prints! (first coupon)

Do math...

FREE!

**NOTE: I think the $0.10 price ends today (8/18) so this may be one of those Act Now! kind of things**
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:29:37 PM by UOMaddog »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 05:29:12 AM »
Target:
4x6 prints are $0.10 each (wait for it...)
http://coupons.target.com/printable-coupon/75f77a
$5 off 50 prints! (first coupon)
Do math...
FREE!
**NOTE: I think the $0.10 price ends today (8/18) so this may be one of those Act Now! kind of things**

Wow nice Maddog... I think I need to Make at least 4 accounts haha maybe ill print 51prints on each order just to be nice.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 06:29:39 AM »
Ow disapointment... Targets prints are 15c delivered 19c instore pickup.... so infact prices are higher  even with disoucnt... than the previous wallgreens 10c in store pickup

Best deals so far
www.snapfish.com -   specail of 8c for 250 prints (or 9c otherwise) Free shipping on orders >$25 until aug 31st  (FSAAUG25)
www.Wallgreens.com has a speacil of 10c print, no shipping costs as i can pickup. (Promotion code AUG33 until aug31st)

still looking for the ellusive 5c print... maybe never tobe found, or rarely glimpsed like bigfoot and the lochness monster.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 06:54:33 AM by Endless Night »

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 07:23:38 AM »
Just came across a coupon for snapfish.  Free shipping on all orders and........4.5 cents a print. ;)

http://kollelbudget.com/snapfish-only-4-5-cents-per-photo-print-free-shipping/

Not sure if there is a maximum number you can order, but worth a look and maybe a phone call for sure.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 11:28:25 AM »
Just came across a coupon for snapfish.  Free shipping on all orders and........4.5 cents a print. ;)

http://kollelbudget.com/snapfish-only-4-5-cents-per-photo-print-free-shipping/

Not sure if there is a maximum number you can order, but worth a look and maybe a phone call for sure.

Now were talking   Promotion Code FIFTYFREE    Apparently can only be used once.... so i better get everything ready... or create mulitple accounts.

4.5c With freeshipping  cha ching.

(More snapfish coupon codes -- http://www.couponchief.com/snapfish)

The search is over I doubt finding below 4.5c a print with free shipping exists.
Thanks for all help everyone.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:47:28 AM by Endless Night »

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 12:38:25 PM »
So what did I win??!!??   

Oh, this wasn't a contest??   :D 

Your poor wife is going to be scrap booking for months with the amount of pics you were talking about doing.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 05:05:46 PM »
So what did I win??!!??   

Oh, this wasn't a contest??   :D 

Your poor wife is going to be scrap booking for months with the amount of pics you were talking about doing.

Its not my fault she fell behind 11 years ... i mean thiers excuses and thiers wtf !!!  Personally I would call the job defunct but she is determined.... The hardest part is going to be going through the 100's gb of pics and deciding what to print.

Tags: