Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Official Response to Multiboxing  (Read 12723 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
[UO Herald News] Official Response to Multiboxing
« on: April 27, 2011, 08:17:02 AM »
Official Response to Multiboxing

Multiboxing is not illegal but Macroing is, and this is considered macroing in UO.  If you observe a player using multiboxing please report them and CS will investigate the report, per the TOS.
This message functions as the global reply to the recent discussion we saw on the boards.

http://www.uoherald.com/node/376

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Official Response to Multiboxing
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:20:18 AM »
What's multiboxing??

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 08:29:43 AM »
its when you get 3 or more opponents in a boxing ring .. its very popular in deepest darkest parts of the amazon but i could be wrong
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 08:46:11 AM »
MultiBoxing

It is using one computer and having several clients open on the same computer.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 08:49:11 AM »
So their statement is basically saying:

"Our offical stance on multiboxing is that it is not illegal but it is illegal"

WTF does that mean??

I hate stupid people.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 09:11:57 AM »
It's legal to do. You must be attended while doing it.

That's what I get from that.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 09:50:39 AM »
It's legal to do. You must be attended while doing it.

That's what I get from that.

How the hell do you get that? LOL!....

I'm with you 12X....Vague as all hell.

"Multiboxing is not illegal but Macroing is, and this is considered macroing in UO."

That statement reminds me of the Philosophy class I took in community college way back when much to my suprise the class was about logic and arguments and how to break down the meaning of statements.

The statement makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. Someone needs to break it down into a math forumula :P

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 10:11:51 AM »
Seems like an explanation of whatever the specific instance, the "this", that inspired the response is missing. 

I am probably doing whatever she is talking about right now.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 10:12:13 AM »
Are they using EUO to do this?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 10:16:11 AM »
Seems like an explanation of whatever the specific instance, the "this", that inspired the response is missing. 
Hehehe...clear as mud!
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »
My understanding on this is. It is not illegal to multi client, but if you are scripting 2 or more clients to work together as a team from the same computer, then that is illegal. Kinda like having a dexer run around kill crap and having a mage follow behind and attack the same target and heal the dexer as needed.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »
sub DevsKnowSquat
If [Multibox <> Illegal] && [Macroing = Illegal]
return #TRUE
else
return #BANANA
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 10:30:26 AM »

I am probably doing whatever she is talking about right now.

Sounds like legal mumbo jumbo to me.

@Gimlet - I think it's business as usual where it's up to a player to page on another player and get a GM inspect the suspected offender. I highly doubt EA/Dev Team are taking proactive measures to flush out any potential offenders. Maybe their response times will be better for a couple of weeks until the dust settles then it's back to business as usual.

It's really not in their best interest from a business perspective to enforce these type of policies which could potentially limit the amount of subscriptions a player would want.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 10:36:17 AM »
sub DevsKnowSquat
If [Multibox <> Illegal] && [Macroing = Illegal]
return #TRUE
else
return #BANANA

ROFL@ Banana!

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 10:47:31 AM »
basicley its okay to multi box as long as u don t have anything automating the out accounts to do what the main account is doing. wich is total bull @$%^

Tags: