Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Character Copy  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
[UO Herald News] Character Copy
« on: May 16, 2011, 12:17:02 PM »
Character Copy

Greetings,
Due to the reported issues, Character Copy is being disables until further notice. We will have an update for you soon, thank you.

http://www.uoherald.com/node/382

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Character Copy
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 12:47:45 PM »
dang it another exploit gone un-exploited by EN... will i ever get my act together fast enough to discover one of these issues.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 01:28:40 PM »
Copy a Char, transfer that char, profit?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 02:03:55 PM »
You have to admit...these guys are on a roll! :P

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 07:18:22 PM »
Yep.  I was certain they were going to dork this up.  Let's see:  I copy my character with a token in the pack, transfer all the goodies back to home shard.

Morons.  Seriously, how do they not see that one coming?

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 04:41:59 AM »
WOW.  Why did I not try this the day they posted player copy on the system !!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 08:19:57 AM »
WOW.  Why did I not try this the day they posted player copy on the system !!

You know thats the first thing i thought when i saw the spaz ferret post.. i then got promptly side tracked by kid emergencies and that was that as they say
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 09:21:26 AM »
Apparently I'm out of the loop, what the heck is character copy???
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 09:26:11 AM »
Apparently I'm out of the loop, what the heck is character copy???

A thing for test center... you copy one of your existing characters over to the test center... for more realistic testing without all the setup you have to do otherwise.   Good idea... we are just hypothesizing that they left a mega loophole that got exploited and thats why they have shut it off.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 09:35:37 AM »
Gotcha! Thanks for clearing it up!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: