Author Topic: Hail! I'm zaan! =]  (Read 1572 times)

Offline zaanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • zaan has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hail! I'm zaan! =]
« on: July 22, 2019, 08:28:39 AM »
I played UO in 1999 for 2 years. I enjoyed it incredibly, but had to quit to do RL stuffs. 6 months ago I started playing again, and I LOVE it still. I never enjoyed the grindyness of it though, and since have learned a lot about scripting. Primarily just BASH since I am a Linux user through and through. I'd love to start writing scripts to create more richness in the experience. Specifically to create my own NPCs. NPCs that help the userbase at large. =] So much of the documentation and lore of UO was user created. Then later the game completely cloned and open sourced. I'd love to contribute to that!

I'm back after 18 years, and would like to help other people that had to stop in their childhood, and now actually have time/money to play. <3   
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:45:29 AM by zaan »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hail! I'm Silver! =]
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 08:40:42 AM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hail! I'm Silver! =]
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 08:49:43 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline zaanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • zaan has no influence.
  • Respect: 0