Author Topic: Why artifacts don't matter for PvM anymore...  (Read 3691 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Why artifacts don't matter for PvM anymore...
« on: November 04, 2012, 12:04:49 AM »
Lesser.  LESSER?!

It is getting to the point where I have 30% SSI on all my suits before you even factor in the weapon itself or my stamina.

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Lesser.jpg
Lesser2.jpg
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 12:09:46 AM by NObama »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Why artifacts don't matter for PvM anymore...
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 05:45:57 AM »
wow my characters are seriously dated in thier gear now.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 06:59:04 AM »
You should see the Legendary ones.  Seriously, there is almost no reason to do any boss anymore, unless you're looking for deco drops, powerscrolls or something like a sash.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 08:09:25 AM »
Ya it's amazing what you can find out there but, imo, most of it is hard to fit into a suit.  I've still not really used anything on a main char but I do use some of the drops on secondary bards.

I found a ring which I'll try to post a pick of but it was 1/3, 35 EP, 8 LMC, 10 LRC, 3 mana regen, 10 int and 5 mana with no negs at all.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 03:47:57 PM »
Sadly...I only PvP....  :D
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 06:07:12 AM »
And these are from hunting what sort of stuff?  I have honestly not played a lick in a year and want to start a bit now and again. Wonder what I should be doing.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 07:23:21 AM »
Well....  I'd make a character with a high luck suit that can farm 1 of the higher end monsters in Shame.  Then it's just a matter of setting up the Claw & gather loot like that.  I've seen the farming character be a BARD w/ those pets that come from tokens or your typical Sampire.  It's fastest though if you can dual client 2 characters & thus end up with Disco + Sampire AI spam.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 08:28:38 AM »
Indeed.  I typically farm down in Shame using Disco+AI combo for the high end stuff.  Surprisingly, with 890ish luck you can get very nice drops off the Flame Elementals and Clay Golem-thingies using just a single Sampire.

A few hours/days down in Shame and you'll have more than enough trinkets to keep you suited up for quite some time.  In fact, I just went thru and broke 95% of the pieces trying to enhance them.  I'm guessing the intensities are so high that you can't enhance anything with any sort of resist bonus, which makes me sad.  Still, 99 resist on human armor is pretty darn nice!

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 06:37:41 PM »
A well set up sampire can tank the energy vortex all day long as long as you get honor off, if you have a disco bard it sure speeds it up.  

The real high end critter, IMO, is the Chaos Vortex http://www.uoguide.com/Chaos_Vortex .  I found they were best farmed in fel due to the lower spawn around but it's been a while since I've done them.  

I can't get this stupid image shack to work but it's close to what I typed before...sigh.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 06:45:29 PM by Canuker »
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 08:55:47 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions!
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 10:27:18 AM »
How much tougher is a Chaos Vortex than an Unbound Energy Vortex?

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 11:38:21 AM »
It's not any harder I think but it takes longer if I remember.  It was way at the very end of shame near the uber blood elementals.

It didn't cast anything so resist isn't needed from what I recall.  I farmed it due to the idea that it was the last creature in the dungeon so it had to be the best, right?

Tags: