Author Topic: What got you into PVP?  (Read 2177 times)

Offline RupTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Rup has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
What got you into PVP?
« on: March 07, 2013, 09:44:17 AM »

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: What got you into PVP?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 11:52:34 AM »
I threw a fire field on top of someone on accident. Whoops. After that it was just a matter of quenching my desire to kill people. Early 1998 I was a Dread Lord (at the age of 10 mind you).

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 05:16:41 PM »
Long Live LORD BRITISH!   May he remember to turn on his invulnerability flag next time......  I give this post a good answer but not atm because i hate typing on my tablet.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 10:54:14 PM »
I joined my first guild 6 Years ago. I knew nothing of PvP, but Listened to what my guildmates suggested. I built the Template, Farmed the Gear, Practiced dueling against them for weeks.

First fight was outside Destard 4 of us against 10 of the Main PvP Guild on the Shard. After about 10 Minutes of Fighting we lost 2 of our members and the enemy had lost 4. Was just me and My Guildmaster each of us fighting 3 of them :P

Was the Most Fun I've ever Had in my life. PvP was the Only reason I played the game after that! Until my guild quit.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 06:43:16 AM »
  I got hooked by stumbling into Bucs Den and discovering the server wars. Chaos and Order was kicking then along with the red vs blue thing. I made a lumberjack axer and hit it and never looked back.

A few breaks from pvp and some really wierd templates later, i quit prodo shards.

I did come back to make gold and check out the pvp but to me, those select few people running the proxy services have an extreme advantage and to me it's not really worth getting into hardcore anymore.

Offline RupTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Rup has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 08:54:47 AM »

Tags: