Author Topic: What's happening in the game right now? Anything?  (Read 5488 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
What's happening in the game right now? Anything?
« on: June 04, 2013, 07:39:35 AM »
Looking for something to bring me back to UO.  I made a billion off Shame loot, then lost interest.  I'm looking for word of a new story arc with items to collect/farm...anything happening in game?

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in the game right now? Anything?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 07:47:55 AM »
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 08:56:07 AM »
All that time spent in shame you'd think you would have a Full legendary artie Suit (Non Cursed etc) that you were running around pwning people with!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 09:28:36 AM »
Nope.  A lot of people make the mistake of trying for the best uber artifact drop possible.  I did it by farming for volume.  I'd much rather sell 10x 50M pieces a month than 1x 500M piece a month.  If I have a bad month, I only make 250M.  If someone shooting for the moon has a bad month, they make 0gp.

Mostly, it was jewelry.  I have probably another 200M in low- med-end splinter weapons that were too much trouble to sell.  I'm excellent at pricing jewelry under the new system.  Really crappy at pricing everything else.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 10:59:27 AM »
Looking for something to bring me back to UO.  I made a billion off Shame loot, then lost interest.  I'm looking for word of a new story arc with items to collect/farm...anything happening in game?

Osi have a slow development in kind of content if i compare with freeshards. I think they need to learn how to go back to the roots and add more desireable content in pvm, pvp and rpg.
If you consider to think about playing on a freeshard, i could refer you to a shard were you can farm a few years :P
Pulling up some starting character is not impossible since you can have 3 accounts and each account getting a few skillballs , 20k gold and a free soulstone ;-)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 05:46:50 PM »
Unless you are running an army in the deepest depths!!!!!!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 07:05:55 PM »
How many of you are running for office?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 07:32:40 PM »
Is there some benefit to owning a town guild in that capacity?

Also - what is this rumor I'm hearing about new fishin' stuffz?

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 07:38:21 PM »

Which stuffz? the quests? Tall ships? Deepwater and dungeon fish? kickass boss fish guy?

http://www.thefcb.com/fishing-quests/
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline Catryonna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Catryonna has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 08:34:34 AM »
Hubby's running for office - The buffs look interesting so we thought we should try it out.

AS far as this fishing thing, I haven't played another character since TM's evilness got me back into fishing....well except to go res someone when called  :-)  I;d forgotten how much fun they were.....now I'm getting ready to try out merchant ship and pirate hunting....as soon as I get all the stuff needed to fire the cannons...what a bunch of stuff that takes!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 11:19:07 AM »

Which stuffz? the quests? Tall ships? Deepwater and dungeon fish? kickass boss fish guy?

http://www.thefcb.com/fishing-quests/

I'm tracking all that stuffz.  It sounded like there was more stuffz.

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 04:59:59 AM »
Any tips for pricing Shame jewelery? :p

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 07:41:54 AM »
Nobama nothing really new there.  There was some chatter but nothing besides ingredients to do some new armor modifications that seem to be getting ignored by the masses.  Fishing up treasure chests and taking merchant ships provide some of the new ingredients.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 02:53:48 PM »
Oh, that's right.  I forgot about that development. 

Darn it, we need to get back to breaking the "random" TMap system for automated farming.  We had a false start with Stealth that never went anywhere...

Tags: