Author Topic: Turquoise Ring  (Read 5233 times)

Offline ToptwoTopic starter

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Turquoise Ring
« on: May 08, 2009, 06:01:10 AM »
Hi All!

Told you guys I was still relearning the game after my long break :)

I was looking at UO Guide and came across the craftable Turquoise Ring. The guide states that it is possible to actually craft one of these with a total of 36% damage increase. I went through my entire stash of turquoise (about 400) and didn't even come close. I was just wondering if anybody here has actually made one of those puppy's with a 36% DI...if so...do you remember how many you had to make to get one?

I am still looking around through the guide, and don't see anything else with that kind of DI on it available so I think it might be worth doing the 100's of hours of mining to get more turq..please let me know if I am wrong about this, mabey there is something better out there and I just havent found it yet...or maybe this ring isn't as good a thing as I think it is..lemme know your thoughts, and if anybody has managed to actually make one with that high of DI.

Thanks!!

Toptwo
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Turquoise Ring
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 09:06:43 AM »
I used all the gems that me and 2 other people mined I would guess it was in the 500 gem range.  The best one had tactics 6, str 6, damage increase 32% and the other one had like 8 dci and damage increase 31%.  I did make a bunch with 15%-25% damage increase, I made about 6 rings with the 5% swing speed increase but none of them had great other mods. I was also wondering if it was possible to make one with 5% ssi and the 30+ damage increase.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 09:09:33 AM »
One thing that happened when you were gone, well possibly happened, was that arms lore now gives DI bonus to weapons and resist bonuses to armor when crafting.  I an not sure if it also bumps DI on rings but I am betting probably not.

Most likely:
One thing I am sure of is that the diff. types of new ML items all have their little special add on property.  If you get lucky to make a 25% DI increase ring and have the bonus then kick in, you would probably get that ring.  Now the odds of that happening are super low as you don't always get the DI bonus for the magical turquois ring, just like you dont always get EP on the citrine, and you rarely get high stats onthe original generation of the ring.

So...
step one:
have the original stats of the ring being related come out to 100% intensity or close to it for DI
step two:
get the modifier for materials and hope it is the DI and not SSI one

Offline ToptwoTopic starter

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 10:01:39 AM »
So, in other words...it is deffinatly worth making...but be prepared to go through a TON of materials!!  LOL

Woot!!! When I pulled this up to look...I GOTZ  2 STARZ AND SOME KARMA!! WOOHOO!!!!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

HamsterEU

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 10:58:53 AM »
36 is nothing, I've made a turquoise ring with 40 DI before :) Just had to spend millions on the gems before it popped out ;)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 08:03:13 PM »
So what is the Max on DI on these rings?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 05:33:00 AM »
I think I have a pretty good stock of ingredients for this one... I'll have to burn out a few hundred.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

HamsterEU

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 11:04:59 AM »
So what is the Max on DI on these rings?
40 is the maximum - thats 25 DI base then the turquoise adds a 15 DI property onto that.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 06:29:11 PM »
Thanx for teh reply hampster.

Tags: